What's new

Nib Acquisitions August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade consummated for a Waterman Carène Deluxe, fine nib.

Also: Staples has a couple of their Arc notebooks (5.5x8.5) on sale for $2.16 online, so I picked up a couple and their 8.5x11 starter notebook to give it a shot.

$IMG_20140807_211422.jpg

thanks to Brian for the ink

he kept most of his good stuff hidden, but you knew it was there. Mr Rudy Vey appparently has quite the collection of Pelikans as well... I didnt get let into the pen temple there though,... they say it was cause there wasnt enough time, but you knew it was cause im not to be trusted

$IMG_20140809_173959~2.jpg

showed some self restraint,

FC number three with a masuyama medium Italic nib
Akkerman orange, lamy blue, and a sailor pigment blue to play around with, and of course my big buy was getting my FA nib fixed at the show.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My only purchase.......a 1924 Parker Big Red.

Last edited by a moderator:
My scores....

A Conklin Cap, a Conklin body sans section, feed and nib... and the crescent filler ring.

I'm such a big spender

$IMG_20140809_230002843_HDR.jpg
Here is a picture of my DC Show goodies. A Visconti Rembrandt-Ivory (B), an F-C #19-King's Gold (1.1) and two bottles of Kaweco ink, Royal Blue and Sepia Brown.

Had a terrific time at the DC Fountain Pen Supershow yesterday. And I even got to buy some goodies!

Excuse the crappy cell phone photos. I'll try to redo them when I have a little more time.

$IMG_1746.jpg

$IMG_1747.jpg

Top is a Franklin-Christoph Model 03 Iterum in "Smoke" with a Masuyama Medium Stub Nib. Thanks to some shrewd and aggressive bargaining from a B&B Mod (who shall remain nameless to protect his reputation as a pushover), several of us were able to score an excellent "group purchase" deal on this sweet pen.

Middle is a black Parker 61, scored from the same nameless Mod from his personal collection. I'm sure it'll be fine once I clean the cat hairs off of it. :wink2:

At the bottom is a vintage Pelikan 400NN in Tortoise, with a OF (Oblique Fine) 14K nib. It actually writes more like an OM or OB, but it's a very cool pen and my first Pelikan!

Not pictured is a bottle of Organics Studio "Long Live the Liver" green ink. (Yes, that's the name...) and a NOS Medium nib for my Sheaffer PFM II pen. I love the pen, but the original Fine (or EF?) nib was just too scratchy. I was fortunate to be able to swap it out for the new Medium nib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom