What's new

Cheap Splashes are for Real Men

Here in Canada (or my province, at least) we don't have nearly the selection of cheapo aftershaves as you guys in the US and abroad do. Pretty much limited to Old Spice, AV, Brut, Skin Bracer, a couple Adidas flavours, and like, one Gillette gel. I don't think it's cool wave. I have been able to find Clubman at exactly one store, Sally Beauty Supply, and only the classic/original. No VIBR, no Veg, nothin'. I'd love to be able to try some of these dollar store splashes, or anything else that's been mentioned in here!

My drugstore collection includes...

Old Spice
Skin Bracer
Clubman
And most recently, I have become a fan of AV Musk! Nice scent for the winter.

Proraso Red and Skin Bracer is an awesome combo! Just did it five minutes ago...
That does actually pretty nice, might have to try that tomorrow.
I grabbed a bottle of Axe Moschus. A great little performer and it is virtually a direct copy of Clubman, so being able to grab this locally at a brick-and-motar store for 4€ is fantastic.

View attachment 481147
My friend's stepfather has a bottle of that in his bathroom! He's probably the only person I know with more aftershaves than me, mostly drugstore splashes. My friend's mother is originally from Germany (stepfather is Canadian born and bred) but they go there once a year or so. This is one of the things he's brought back, along with Tabac, that graces his counter amongst the myriad Aqua Velva and Bruts. We got to talking about aftershaves one night and he was showing off his German-bought stuff, but I don't really remember what this smelled like. May have been into the Bitburger that night :p

Welp, in the last 48 hours I have purchased Clubman, Old Spice, Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, and both Barbasols. This thread was great.

Top Bottom