What's new

Best of the Cologne Splashes

Hi,

I am looking for a refreshing, non-offensive, close to the skin type scent for those times I want a quick pick-me-up. Scent doesn't have to be long-lived. Prefer citrus/woods, no florals or old person smell. Nothing uber expensive, $35 and under.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

I see these as being available: 4711, Alvarez Gomez Aqua Colonia, Rogers and Gallet Jean Marie Farina, Florida Water, Guerlain, and I think someone offers a "refreshing" cologne, just cannot remember who it is.

Thanks,

Matty

Off top of my head...
Arlington
alpa fougere cologne
l occitane baux
lime sec (!)
english blazer
old spice lime
alvarez gomez
aqua velva(!)
jermyn st

DR Harris Windsor is a great EDT splash. Citrus top with leather and vetiver bottom. Stays pretty close to the skin but has good longevity.

Borsari Acqua Classica is my favorite. I have tried Roger & Gallet, 4711, Florida Water and a few others mentioned in this thread so far and Borsari is the best in my books. I prefer the EdC over the EdT.

Not sure what is meant by "old person" smells nor do I see the floral connection.

Re. the original question, I like Guerlain Imperiale, 1709 and Guerlain Fleurs de Cedrat. Also, Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne is a top quality cologne in the Farina tradition.

I love AdP Colonia, but that is different from a traditional tonic/splash.

4711 can often be bought on sale for just a few bucks. Keep your eye out for it and enjoy a cheap thrill.
There's a fragrance store in the mall here that sells little glass splash bottles of 4711 for $0.75. I've bought a handful lately.

Top Bottom