What's new

SWMBO has spoken

I have been going through Al's shave balm samples, and LA shaving soap samples. SWMBO nixed all the LASS as "gross". I did think they were all that bad. She only likes the Bodega from AL's. I informed her that it was important for me to put something on my face after I shave, and since she nixed the Nivea sensitive skin she had to put in a vote.

She says she likes the high end citrus ginger soap scents. She did not have a brand name. I can't find anything like this. Anyone have a suggestion?

Why not an unscented ASB, and a citrus and ginger EdT or cologne?

Dior Homme Sport is a nice lemon & ginger scent.

In addition to L'Orange Noir, Platinum might be an option.

Also, with a quick search

"Dolce and Gabanna - The One
Top notes - Bergamot, Mandarin, Lychee, Peach
Heart notes - Cardamom, Ginger, Orange Blossom
Base notes - Cedarwood, Ambergris, Tobacco
Scent - Woody Oriental
Feel - Charismatic, Glamorous, Modern, Seductive, Sophisticated

Tom Ford for Men

Top notes
– Ginger, Lemon Leaf, Mandarin Orange, Basil, Bergamot & Violet Leaf
Heart notes – Tunisian Orange Blossom, Pepper, Tobacco Leaf
Base notes – Amber, Oak moss, Vetiver, Cedar, Virginian Patchouli
Scent - Woody Floral Musk
Feel – Classic, Fresh, Masculine"

Also, I don't know anything about the brand, but if you look up Queen Bee Apothecary on Etsy, she has a ton of scents that I'm still trying to work through. Orange ginger might be in there somewhere.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
There is a difference between balm's and aftershave splash. The balm being more thick and the splash more like a liquid(In most cases not necessarily all). That being said, a great balm is anything RazoRock, Synergy skin food balms or Proraso white. As for AS...anything Fine, Captains Choice or Wm Neumanns.

Top Bottom