What's new

A warning when buying amazon blades

Thanks for all the help. I contacted amazon again like y'all suggested and asked for a supervisor, gave them my order number and they emailed me a label to return the blades. However, I think I'm going to keep them. They cost more than astras and I have read good reviews on them. So I got the good end of the deal as far as this goes.

The wish4star guy was very rude too, said I didn't make sense, said when he has an order wrong on amazon they make it right for him, blah blah. The first time I contacted amazon they told me to contact the seller. That's what I did. I will not do business with that guy again. I won't even order blades from amazon again. Forget that. I just don't understand how he says it's amazons fault solely when his store was the ones that sent out the wrong blades. Yea, they got past amazons QC too, but there is fault on both parties.

You said in the OP that you didn't like bluebirds. I don't care for them either but why would you keep them just because they were more expensive, especially 100 of them. I would send back and get the refund and purchase a blade I enjoy, especially if you can get your favorite blade for cheaper. To each his own. Once you use 1, no chance of recovering through Amazon.

bait & switch is illegal in the U.S....They came through the mail,so you can file a report with the U.S. Postal Inspector.

The wish4star guy was very rude too, said I didn't make sense, said when he has an order wrong on amazon they make it right for him, blah blah. The first time I contacted amazon they told me to contact the seller. That's what I did. I will not do business with that guy again. I won't even order blades from amazon again. Forget that. I just don't understand how he says it's amazons fault solely when his store was the ones that sent out the wrong blades. Yea, they got past amazons QC too, but there is fault on both parties.

In all honesty, its not his fault. Like I said, its up to Amazon to fix the situation. He pretty much just gives them the stock of his blades and they're in charge of shipping and customer service. So that is why he was telling you that Amazon has to make it right, he gives them a higher percantage of his sales due to that. So in reality they shipped from an Amazon facility and not his 'store.' So the fault pretty much solely relies on Amazon, while he should have be nicer to you for giving him business, Amazon just dropped the ball and should have instantly fixed it. No idea why they said to call him.

Thanks for all the help. I contacted amazon again like y'all suggested and asked for a supervisor, gave them my order number and they emailed me a label to return the blades. However, I think I'm going to keep them. They cost more than astras and I have read good reviews on them. So I got the good end of the deal as far as this goes.

You went through all this, only to decide to keep the blades?

Ordered a 100 pack of feathers from Amazon no problem...but when I ordered Wilkinson Swords got the cheap terrible version mad eoutside of Germany....contested, got refunded for product and shipping and got a gift card from amazon for $5....complain and it will be solved.

I've ordered from that seller before and had no issues.

As it's been stated quite a few times: this is fulfilled by Amazon. Your anger is misplaced. The seller did indeed state that Amazon should make it right. And for you to keep the Bluebirds after complaining of them in the start - I'm just left believing that an apology is needed here for the needless thread and anger at the seller.

I've ordered from that seller before and had no issues.

As it's been stated quite a few times: this is fulfilled by Amazon. Your anger is misplaced. The seller did indeed state that Amazon should make it right. And for you to keep the Bluebirds after complaining of them in the start - I'm just left believing that an apology is needed here for the needless thread and anger at the seller.

Ok, you say my anger is misplaced when amazon originally said they would do nothing about it, contact the seller. Seller says you make no sense, contact amazon. Sorry but I'm not some willing customer ready to work around the run around. Forget that. And I certainly won't apologize. I felt, feel, like as a customer I wasn't shown any interest in my satisfaction. Ridiculous.

And I decided to keep the blades just for spite, pretty much.

I've made three purchases with NTGUY, all well executed. If you can, deal directly with vetted members here. He provides product to Amazon, they mark them up, collect your money and take full control of the transactions. Your issue is with Amazon, but their first response is to say contact the seller, which in realaty is Amazon.

bait & switch is illegal in the U.S....They came through the mail,so you can file a report with the U.S. Postal Inspector.

Doesn't sound like bait and switch to me. Besides, the OP is now happy that he got better blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't sound like bait and switch to me. Besides, the OP is now happy that he got better blades.

Isn't bait and switch when you advertise one thing and deliver something different? It sounds like that is what he is describing. He ordered Astras, they shipped Bluebirds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way is to return the item to Amazon as they fulfilled it. You can do that online and even print a label for the return. Never failed to me.

Isn't bait and switch when you advertise one thing and deliver something different? It sounds like that is what he is describing. He ordered Astras, they shipped Bluebirds.

Nope. That is just shipping the wrong item.

Bait and switch involves advertising an item at a really low price in order to attract customers, and when they go to buy it, they are told that the low price item is sold out, and they try to sell you a similar, higher priced item.

Last edited:
Top Bottom