What's new

A warning when buying amazon blades

I purchased a pack of blades on amazon at the end of July just in case some strange disappearance of my blades happened during my July restraint. Anywho, I ordered a 100 pack of astra blades from a seller on there called "Wish4Star". What a sketchy name. I ordered 100 astra superior stainless blades. Well, after waiting past the expected delivery date, I received the blades last Friday. I ordered these in June. June people. When they finally arrived it was blue bird blades. I don't like bluebirds. I wanted astras, my favorite blade. I get to looking through the reviews and more than one other customer received a different blade than the one they ordered from these "Wish4Star" guys. Contacted amazon because it was supposedly "fulfilled by Amazon" and they told me to contact the seller. Contacted the seller and they told me to contact amazon. Just wound up saying forget it because I told "wish4star" that amazon wanted me to contact them and they said they couldn't do anything about it. How lousy can you get? Stay away from "Wish4Star" when buying blades people. Just a friendly warning. Thanks for your time, and happy shaves
:)

I purchased a pack of blades on amazon at the end of July just in case some strange disappearance of my blades happened during my July restraint. Anywho, I ordered a 100 pack of astra blades from a seller on there called "Wish4Star". What a sketchy name. I ordered 100 astra superior stainless blades. Well, after waiting past the expected delivery date, I received the blades last Friday. I ordered these in June. June people. When they finally arrived it was blue bird blades. I don't like bluebirds. I wanted astras, my favorite blade. I get to looking through the reviews and more than one other customer received a different blade than the one they ordered from these "Wish4Star" guys. Contacted amazon because it was supposedly "fulfilled by Amazon" and they told me to contact the seller. Contacted the seller and they told me to contact amazon. Just wound up saying forget it because I told "wish4star" that amazon wanted me to contact them and they said they couldn't do anything about it. How lousy can you get? Stay away from "Wish4Star" when buying blades people. Just a friendly warning. Thanks for your time, and happy shaves
:)

File an A-Z claim

Also, MANY of the Indian sellers use pictures of the Russian Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue SP's to sell the Indian 7 O'Clock Black's.
I do not buy ANY blades at Amazon. There are too many great vendors to deal with directly.

Last edited:
I try to stick to "Prime" items.....2 day delivery and its excellent service..

My 100 pk Personna Blues came from them..no problems

If you bought it with a credit card then call the card company and contest the charges stating that you didn't get the product you paid for and are getting nowhere with the seller. The credit card company will have you fill out a one page form to do this. Then they take the money back and credit it to you within a couple days. Now the tables have turned because the seller will have to contact you for a resolution because you have his blades and he no longer has your money. Repeated offenses will cause a vendor to lose their right to accept credit cards any longer and certainly slow their ability to do business.

I've had to do this a few times during the course of my lifetime and it has worked out perfectly every time.

You really don't have to allow yourself to be ripped off.

The last time I ordered 100-count Astra blades on Amazon the order was delivered without issue. I also prefer to buy "Prime" items as well. I've only had item I ordered on Amazon not be delivered. In this case Amazon resolved the issue and issued me a credit for the disputed item.

I do not buy ANY blades at Amazon. There are too many great vendors to deal with directly.

Agreed. The prices may be cheaper on Amazon, but you can't beat the service from most of the vendors we frequent here and it feels great to give the little guys patronage over a soulless behemoth!

If it is fulfilled by Amazon, it just means they ship it. In that case, you would have to go through the Vendor. So from what I read, the vendor is putting you on.

I always look for US vendors on Amazon and haven't had any trouble yet. Not sure if that's a foolproof strategy but if you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the charge with them too. I've had good luck the couple times I've had to do that.

Hmm that is actually really weird. When it is fulfilled by Amazon that means that Amazon is pretty much 100% responsible for it. Shipping, customer service, etc. So I think you may have talked to the wrong person or something, when you click the fulfilled by Amazon it tells you what that means so they would have definitely helped you out. I have also bought a 100 pack of Astras from Amazon and never had a problem. I have had problems with other items, even some fulfilled by Amazon, and they are insanely quick to fix it. In this case, they probably would have sent a free pack of Astras and allowed you to keep the Bluebirds, so this sounds kind of really odd.

That stinks! Amazon will take care of you if you contact them. They don't treat their employees worth a darn (from what I read), but customers are golden children to them (from personal experience). I can tell you who I buy my Feathers from on Amazon, but I don't know if they sell Astras. They take a while to get to you since they come from Taiwan, but they are nice folks to deal with. I was worried about possible counterfeits, but they're the real deal. You never can tell when buying from anyone in Asia as Bobcat explained.

EDIT: I've bought from my seller a few different times. If that is worth anything to you. I just know they have given me quality products but at a very slow rate because of the cheaper shipping options.

Last edited:
You got bad information from Amazon. If they fulfill and order they are responsible for it. I've ordered blades from "Wish4Star" a few times with no problems at all. He is a member here actually and has offered deals to B&B members. I think he is Canadian or American and when you deal with him directly a fast shipper too. Call Amazon 1-866-216-1072 customer service and tell them what happened. Point out the item was fulfilled by Amazon and ask for a refund or your Astra blades.

Call Amazon and ask for a supervisor. I've had to do that once and they bent over backward to resolve the problem. I just received 100 GBS's yesterday. The order took two days.

I try to stick to "Prime" items.....2 day delivery and its excellent service..

My 100 pk Personna Blues came from them..no problems

If you bought it with a credit card then call the card company and contest the charges stating that you didn't get the product you paid for and are getting nowhere with the seller. The credit card company will have you fill out a one page form to do this. Then they take the money back and credit it to you within a couple days. Now the tables have turned because the seller will have to contact you for a resolution because you have his blades and he no longer has your money. Repeated offenses will cause a vendor to lose their right to accept credit cards any longer and certainly slow their ability to do business.

I've had to do this a few times during the course of my lifetime and it has worked out perfectly every time.

You really don't have to allow yourself to be ripped off.

Best advice in this here thread

Top Bottom