What's new

Sad day.my EJ87 broke

Hello everyone.

I've been wet shaving for a year and a half now. This is my first and only razor. Last night I dropped the razor in my sink and the thread on the top cap sheared right off. I was about to change the blade. So it was loosened slightly when it slipped out of my hands. It's toast. My wife is actually more upset then I am. I'm a really simple easy going guy. She gets happy when I find something I really enjoy.

For some reason every time I take a real vacation I have nothing but bad luck when I get back home. Vacation was incredible. Weather was great. The kids got along. My wife didn't fight with her sisters. Enjoyed cigars with my brother in law.

We get home. My wife starts the second load of laundry and the washing machine breaks. Next morning I get up to go to work and my car throws and check engine light and idles erratically. Hopefully bad luck does come in threes because I'm done.

With these other 2 expenses I'm on hold for ordering a new razor for at least a month maybe 2 since back to school is coming up. I can wait though. I still have my brush and soaps to enjoy.

This is probably a good time to try something new. I'll probably go with a merkur slant or the r41 unless I can find something vintage. I've been checking the local antique shops all summer. There's nothing but a couple of straights.

Sorry for the long post but I had to let it out.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. A two piece razor will be less likely to break than a three piece. Try a Merkur 34c or a Muhle Twist for your next razor.

Might be worth talking to the vendor, or just contacting EJ themselves. A lot of members have received new heads under warranty.

Might be worth talking to the vendor, or just contacting EJ themselves. A lot of members have received new heads under warranty.

Just sent an e-mail to EJ. Let's see what happens. I tried contacting them about an issue with one of there brushes. No luck with that. They just kept sending me to different departments.
Thanks

Hey George.

Sorry about your recent string of bad luck....hope it has come to an end.

I have an EJ87 I've been waiting for the right moment to PIF and that day has arrived. Please pm me your address and I'll send if off tomorrow. Sounds like you need some good luck to break the streak.

Hey George.

I have an EJ87 I've been waiting for the right moment to PIF and that day has arrived. Please pm me your address and I'll send if off tomorrow. Sounds like you need some good luck to break the streak.

Well done! :thumbsup:

I think B&B should appoint an official Reverend to conduct razor funerals.

Two broken razors in two days. And two very generous gestures. B&B is awesome! :thumbup1:

Hey George.

Totally righteous.

Hey George.

Thanks Tyrionstark. You are the man. EJ sent me a response this morning. I've sent them photo's. Let me see what. If they replace it then I'd rather you save this for a PIF to another deserving member.

This place is awsome. This community is more like family and I'm glad to be part of it.

Thanks everyone

By the way. I used my gillete sensor yesterday. It was very uncomfortable. I never had issues with the sensor before but it was very boring.
Can't wait to get my DE back

ty for the update George. Youre more than welcome to it even while you wait to hear from EJ. if they come through, great! Then youll have a razor to PIF.

ty for the update George. Youre more than welcome to it even while you wait to hear from EJ. if they come through, great! Then youll have a razor to PIF.

Cool. I'm not very confident with EJ's customer service based on previous interactions. Will PM my address.
thanks again

With regard to post 3, is this because the plate is attached to the handle that the two piece is less likely to break? Both two and three piece razors have caps with male threads attached (except Darwin which has male thread on the handle). I assume more shock would be absorbed at the weak point on the three piece? Is this the reason for the opinion.

thanks in advance for any comments.

:thumbup1:
Hey George.

Thats why I love B & B so much! Classy folks! Awesome generosity like this ! :thumbup:

:thumbup1:

Thats why I love B & B so much! Classy folks! Awesome generosity like this ! :thumbup:

You can say that again. Imagine my surprise when I opened my package yesterday. Not only was there an EJ with an ivory handle that matches my brush perfectly. There was also a vintage TTO and some personna blades which I’ve been wanting to try for some time. Thanks again to tyrionstark.

Now I need a million dollars. Anyone want to pay PIF a million bucks....lol

I really wish badger and blade was a really place instead of this mystical land

Thats awesome that you got a great razor....I mean 2 great razors!! Again B and B is an amazing place 99.99999% of the time!!

Im in for the Million Dollar PIF ;)

You can say that again. Imagine my surprise when I opened my package yesterday. Not only was there an EJ with an ivory handle that matches my brush perfectly. There was also a vintage TTO and some personna blades which I’ve been wanting to try for some time. Thanks again to tyrionstark.

Very well done tyrionstark. People like you doing really nice things like this make this such a wonderful forum. Thank you!

Sorry about your EJ, but what a cool PIF. Hope the other issues are working out.

If you want to try vintage Gollete, put a WTB in the B/S/t. You can get a very servicable Tech for $15 or so and a Suer Speed for $20-25. Probably a good idea to have a back-up on hand.

Top Bottom