What's new

L'Occitane Travel Brush?

Hello folks,

Just as the title suggests, was wondering about the L'Occitane Travel Brush.... is it worth buying???
Does anyone here own one or have one currently??

Any info or reviews would be much appreciated...

Thanks and merry shavemas.

$P.aspx.jpg

The brush feels nice, but is small and seems better at wiping soap off than putting it on.
It is a synthetic however, and I've read that the proper technique for some synthetics is quite different than natural fibers so it's probably user error in my case. I gave up on it after a reasonable number of uses.

Thanks for the info Buster (Great name!):001_cool:
I am still tempted to try and get hold of one....but I am not sure if they have now been discontinued.

I spent two weeks in Europe with it, the cream was C.O. Bigelow and shaved daily. At the time it was the only synthetic I owned and what I noticed was that I was able to make and awesome, easy lather. I always used a cheap dollarstore salsa bowl and never face lathered. I do like feeling the brush on my face, this brush is not the softest so I like it. Would I use it at home as part of my rotation, no, the knot is to small for home use and I have better options. For travel, yes as it dries quickly and makes great lather.

After the good experience with this synthetic, i purchased some Pur-Tech knots and brush from virginiasheng which I like a lot. The Pur-Tech is very soft and with great backbone. Great tool for creating fantastic lathers with every soap/cream i have used with it.

I have one and personally, I can't stand it. It feels like nylon, doesn't splay well and makes for a less than enjoyable face lathering. I'd get a small brush from one of the latest generations of synthetic brushes that are out now, or just get a decent boar or badger instead.

I have one and it's not bad, but it is a little different to lather with than a badger or boar brush. I love the fact that it dries very quickly, so I wind up packing it more frequently than my Crabtree & Evelyn travel badger. I'd probably buy it again.

I had one of the older ones a couple years back. It was ok, but for the price they were asking back then it was not a good value.

How much are they going for these days?

Top Bottom