What's new

A stick in any other form is still a stick?

How do you use stick soaps?

• Keep stick soaps in stick form. That's the point!

• Mostly use them in their original form, but sometimes they make it to a bowl.

• Mostly transfer them to a bowl or mug, but sometimes use them as is.

• Always transfer the soaps into a bowl or dish etc.

• I just don't buy sticks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just curious as to how everyone uses soaps that come in stick form.

I'm about to use three sticks in a row, first Valobra, then Speick, then Arko!. And, I'm not sure how I'll end up using them. Typically, I transfer all my sticks into a bowl (either by just squishing them in there or by grating them), but I'm playing around with the options this time around.

I haven't had the best time putting the stick on my face. Everybody says Arko is one of the softest, but mine was hard as a rock and just hurt with the amount of pressure I had to use to get enough soap "loaded" on my face. From what I understand the others are even harder than Arko?

Grate and bowl, all the way.

I don't understand why you wouldn't keep it in its stick form. So many times a shave stick is so efficient. I suppose for bowl latherers of the world, they might have trouble conceptually, but seriously!

I think I am starting to prefer sticks especially for head shaving. So far have used Speick, LaToja and Arko of course. Will probably try some others next year after the sabbatical.

For awhile I used sticks quite a bit, but now tend to use them just for travel. I have grated some into bowls, and use others as originally produced, as sticks. A benefit of grating into a bowl is that you can incorporate the small, stubby end of the shave stick right into the bowl container.

I use them as sticks. I am a bowl latherer except when I use a stick and it is amazing how much quicker I shave when I use a stick. I will always have the Valobra stick and Tabac stick in my rotation and for travel.

I use them as sticks. I prefer to face lather, and I also grate pucks and pack them into twist-up tubes to use them as sticks. I find it quicker than bowl lathering and easier to control the amount of soap that I use. Plus I get a nice scrub from my brush.

I Xfere'd my speick to a bowl, but these days I doubt I'd bother. Nothing in my rotation gets used often enough that my preference for bowl or stick would overcome the novelty of using that soap as it was intended to be used.

I have Mike's, the Fat, and Speick in twist ups for traveling. I can get 1.8 sticks of Speick in one, and prefer using them that way, me and the rest of my gear stays cleaner/tidier that way. the fat and Speick get grated in.

I also have two sticks of Speick grated into a container at the house. and five more sticks under the sink to reload with.

do your thing, others'll do theirs. the world'll continue to spin.

I use them as sticks. I prefer to face lather, and I also grate pucks and pack them into twist-up tubes to use them as sticks. I find it quicker than bowl lathering and easier to control the amount of soap that I use. Plus I get a nice scrub from my brush.

Yip, I'm finding this too. I have been using Valobra in it's original stick form for a few days now. The lather has been good and I've noticed that I have to spend very little time working the lather before shaving (and obviously no time loading).

Top Bottom