What's new

Semouge brushes

I think the amici brush they made for RazoRock is just the most perfect all around brush. I emailed SG to ask them what the most similar brush to the amici was and figured it was just a handle difference, Nun Monte from SG said it was the only mixed knot they made but they are currently planning to start on some mixed knots.

The best brushes are the ones that have been around the longest. They have passed the test of time.
Having said that, you really need to work out the loft and knot diameter you want. Dyed vs. undyed bristles is minutiae.
I suggest trying one in the middle. The Semogue 830, for instance, is neither the longest nor the shortest loft, and neither the largest nor the smallest knot. There is also the 1250 which is essentially an undyed 830. Inexpensive enough to try out and get a feel for what you need, and it may just be exactly what you need in the first place.

I have 4 Semogues but I keep going back to my Owner's Club boar with the cherry handle. I bought mine on B/S/T but I thin they are about $30 directly from Vintage Scents.

Boar Face lathering - 610
Boar Bowl lathering - SOC boar

Badger Face lathering - Texugo BC
Badger Bowl Lathering - SOC 2-band

The best brushes are the ones that have been around the longest. They have passed the test of time.
Having said that, you really need to work out the loft and knot diameter you want. Dyed vs. undyed bristles is minutiae.
I suggest trying one in the middle. The Semogue 830, for instance, is neither the longest nor the shortest loft, and neither the largest nor the smallest knot. There is also the 1250 which is essentially an undyed 830. Inexpensive enough to try out and get a feel for what you need, and it may just be exactly what you need in the first place.
I use the 830 and it's a grand razor. I've never tried others in their stable.

I got SE barber classic tuxego and mistura and I loved both. I was wondering if they are coming out with something new.

i was looking into 2013 SE silvertip but someone compared with duke 3 which I already have.

I've got the Amici it's awesome and heard nice things about the 2013 SE. Also have 2 boars and a SOC2 band that I'm loving every time in use it.

620 for face lathering, it eats soap - very very soft.
SOC - bowl lather with this, very large dense knot - good alrounder.

Top Bottom