What's new

Guilty shaving pleasures

Is there a shaving product or method that you really enjoy, but you are reluctant to admit it? Maybe it is a super cheap product or one that gets terrible reviews. Maybe everyone says you should do "x", but you prefer to do "y".

It's okay to speak up. We are all friends here. :w00t:

rose is also indulgent for me!

$dr harris rose pink revisor thayers trumpers july 28 2014.jpg

I completely ignore the direction of beard growth on my neck. Tried mapping it for quite a while and gave up. Now I just do one pass north to south, and another south to north.

I use Brut aftershave and I altogether too frequently use a cartridge razor when shaving my head in a hurry. And worst of all, I still think the best shave I ever had was from my Mach 3.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not really any guilty pleasures here.

I use Barbasol all the time and shave with a cart a couple times a week. I guess those are out of the norm here but I openly discuss them all the time.

My only Guilty pleasure is locking the door and spending 15 mins. a day just on me with the Music on my phone and a razor.

I enjoy rose & lavender scented products. Sometimes with a cartridge system. There...I said it.

I love Arko shave soap and Derby blades, both of which have their detractors. However, like Steelman and Sarimento, rose fragrances would have to count as my big guilty pleasure. While I have quite a large fragrance collection, it seems that more and more, rose it the note that attracts my attention. Most of my favorites are rose centric. I already have bottles of Domenico Caraceni 1913, Amouage Tribute Attar, Amouage Homage, Montale Black Aoud, C&S No. 88 and Creed Windsor; all revolve around a rose center. I also have full bottles of Amouage Jubilation XXV, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Chanel Egoiste, Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie and Caron Third Man which all have a rose component. I even wear my wife's Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady, which is unisex despite the name. To make matters worse, I recently tried a handful of Le Labo samples, and the one that I'm thinking of purchasing is Rose 31.

I like rose scented, and floral scented soaps and creams. In fact, to double down on this "guilty pleasures" thread, I will admit that I picked out some hard soaps from Classic Shaving. Rose, Jasmine, and Lilac. Not the most popular soap out there, but I bought it. I used to use the Classic Shaving unscented way back in the day when I used straights exclusively.

Top Bottom