What's new

Getting a BBS shave every day, anyone do this?

Trying my best to achieve this with no luck at all. If I get the chance to shave after about 3 days it's a wonderful shave, but if I go back to every other day it tears me up. Just curious to see how you guys do it.

I have discovered that I can come pretty close everyday. Like 80% of the time. The other 20% is DFS+. I admit that I am shocked by this, though I do love the results. I have been at this a bit over three months and I have only missed two days of shaving early on due to healing needs but that has been sorted now and I love it.

Last edited:
I get a DFS every day, weekends included. Two passes plus touch-up. Doesn't tear up my face at all. The ATG for BBS is what causes problems.

If you go with light pressure and are satisfied with DFS bordering on BBS, you can easily do it everyday if you have good technique.

I do a 4 pass shave daily and most are approaching BBS.

Über lathers are the norm as is a hot towel every time. I usually shave before five am and am required to be clean shaven for work. Mustaches are allowed if kept neatly trimmed.

I have the best shaves with my Fatboy razors and NEW razors and always follow up with alcohol based AS.

I would say my skin has never looked better. Carts gave me ingrowns and irritation that I struggled with for a long time.

Regards.

You didn't say how long you have been DE shaving. It took me about 3-4 weeks to develop reliable, repeatable technique for DF/BBS every day. If you are getting torn up with every day shaving, do you have very sensitive skin or possibly is your angle too steep where you are getting more scraping as opposed to cutting?

When I've had time to heal, the shave after is always BBS with no irritation but after that I get irritation and the shave is CCS+ I'm using the same set up every time too

I'm a daily shaver and most of the time I would rate it DFS. BBS creeps in a few days of the week. I've learned to not seek the BBS, but to just pay attention to the details and enjoy it when it happens. On the other hand I sometimes have days that I'm in a hurry or just lazy and SAS or CCS is the order of the day.

At least a DFS everyday. BBS possible some days, but depends on the blade. I don't try for a BBS if I just had one the day before. Two passes plus touch ups usually gets me to DFS.

Sorry, been at this about a month. I can here the sound of the whiskers being cut and it's a perfect shave if I've had about three days in between shaves, just the every other day stuff that gets me... Just started using a DE89, the blades are Israeli platinum, personnas, I use CO bigelow cream, and the new dove expert pre shave oil.

I shave every day and get great shaves with no healing time necessary. Pre-shave prep, blade, razor and soap combinations have to play a big role in bbs achievement. If you have the time to slow down with a light touch and shave only where there's good slick lather, I believe bbs can be had consistantly every time. I've been wet shaving 40 years and now 4 months with a DE razor. Did I say a light touch was important?

MR

I get a DFS every day, weekends included. Two passes plus touch-up. Doesn't tear up my face at all. The ATG for BBS is what causes problems.

If you go with light pressure and are satisfied with DFS bordering on BBS, you can easily do it everyday if you have good technique.
+10

For about 45 of the sixty years (in September) since I started shaving, I've been shaving for a DFS, and just don't perform complete ATG passes. What I do is if I'm doing cleanup / touchup, and a spot of whicker stubble is resistant, only then will I perform a localized ATG stroke. I've accidentally gotten a lot of BBS class shaves along the way, but that level has never been the object of my shaving routine.

Trying my best to achieve this with no luck at all. If I get the chance to shave after about 3 days it's a wonderful shave, but if I go back to every other day it tears me up. Just curious to see how you guys do it.

Was always a wet shaver even when using cartridges and edge. Been using a DE with brush and soap for 7 months now and shave 7 days week. I get a DFS with 3 passes and touch ups. I don't strive for a BBS but one happens once in a while. For me I think Thayers witch hazel after the shave is the secret. Seems to keep everything healed with no irritation.

Top Bottom