What's new

My introduction to feather blades.

I have been wet shaving for only 3 months ,and tried different razors,blades,brushes,etc.All that i was told was that feather blades were the sharpest on the market so i guess i was a little intimidated.Well today i finally tried one and oh my god!That was the best shave that i have ever had.I plan on picking up the bulk pack of these razors.So between these and my other favorite,personna blades,i will be straight for a long time to come.

Feathers are great. I started using them on my 3rd DE shave. Coupled with a mildish, forgiving razor, they are fantastic. Unless someone has very poor technique and/or hurries, I see no reason for a newbie not to at least try them. I believe that good (not expensive) equipment and tools are a real boon to a novice in any endeavor, not just shaving. Too often, "starter" means if you don't give up, you can just throw it away.

Feathers are great blades. Many here fear them. They are to be respected, not feared.

Congrats on a super shave.

Once your technique is down solid, you are probably LESS likely to be cut by a Feather than by a lesser blade. The instinctive urge to increase pressure with a less sharp blade will definitely cause you problems. As BSAGuy says, respect Feather blades, but don't be afraid of them. They are truly fine blades.

I've been DE shaving for about 2 months and today finally took the plunge and used the Feather that had been tempting me since it arrived with the sampler pack the week I started. I was very attentive of razor pressure and angle, did one WTG, two XTG, and a little bit of touchup. This was my first DE shave without ANY blood, not a speck. Post-shave felt like I didn't have any irritation as well but alas, one pass with the alum block told me otherwise. This is the most comfortable shave I've had in my short DE career, but I haven't gotten that BBS yet (the Crystal blades have gotten me the closest so far). All in good time.

Do these last less. Meaning number of shaves. Is the sharpness to longevity ratio inversely proportionate..?

I'm pretty new also and tried Astra first, which I felt were horrible. I then used a Feather and absolutely loved it and have been using it for every shave. Unfortunately this morning I realized I had no more left, so I used a Gillette 7'Oclock I had in a sampler and had a BBS shave with it.

I haven't really heard much about the Gillette 7'Oclock razors on here, but based upon my shave this morning, I like them as much as the Feather.

Top Bottom