What's new

Floid Blue

What merits the 45$ ?

Maybe more importantly--can someone describe the scent? So far my girlfriend LOVES Fine L'Orange Noir and Proraso Green Splash. I'm actually in agreement, but Aqua Velva is crazy good too.

Ah, forgive me on this one fellas. I see some old threads pertaining to the same questions.

The substantial investment is what's keeping me away from that too. Heck, why spend $45 for 400 ml of something we might not like? IIRC at least some of the Floids come in smaller sizes but I'd have to check to see which ones.

I love it. The scent is definitely a little old school but it feels great going on in the summer with the menthol. After it dries it's not too greasy, not drying, and leaves my skin feeling great. Back to the scent, I don't think it's near as powdery as Clubman, but I like that scent also. I really want to try the Amber. As for the cost, I don't think its that bad when you consider the volume of the bottle.

The substantial investment is what's keeping me away from that too. Heck, why spend $45 for 400 ml of something we might not like? IIRC at least some of the Floids come in smaller sizes but I'd have to check to see which ones.

First of all, you WILL not like it....you WILL love it because it's fantastic and secondly, 45 bucks for a huge bottle that you WILL love....if you don't love that AS, have your nostrils checked

If you don't love it(highly unlikely) it is generally very easy to pass it along on the BST. They do not last long on there. I do wish they would sell it in the flask bottle as well though like Suave .

It seems like all of the other Floids come in the flask size, why not the blue? I would definitely have purchased it already.

price per ml isn't really that bad. Its just a huge bottle.

Due to limited space, I have to keep all my "starters" in my medicine cabinet and the big bottle wouldn't fit. Maybe I could buy an additional smaller bottle to transfer some in to to keep in the cabinet and keep the big bottle in storage. One day I just may do it...

Last edited:
It has kind of an "old world barbershop" smell. I went through the same thoughts you're having and eventually launched. I wasn't disappointed with my purchase. Bought that and a large bottle of Proraso as well...both permanent in my collection.

I put off buying it for the same reason but finally couldn't stand the curiousity itching the back of my brain. It was everything folks here said it was and a bag of chips. I've got one bottle and another backup and the recent discontinued scare has forced me into considering a few more back up bottles. It's just that good. Here's why.

The scent is subtle, but unique enough to be interesting. It's fresh enough for summer wear and classic enough for winter. There seems to be a cooling component, but it's not overpowering. The Blue also seems to have some mild soothing properties for the skin, though if I've got a real issue there, I have other AS's that are better.

Finally, the bottle is a joy to own. It's heavy glass with an opening that's choked down to make sure you pour only the amount of splash you want. The top is heavy and seats well and the whole thing reeks of care for the little stuff. Yeah, it's 50 bucks and that's a lot more per use than anything out of drugstore, but let's be honest. None of this is really about saving money anyhow. It's about enjoying the ride.

From what i understand it was discontinued but it's back in production again. The price includes import. Around here it's a very reasonable price for such a big bottle. I only have the orange, very powdery. Good stuff.

Top Bottom