What's new

Possible Straight Razor Package

I don't use straight razors (yet), but even I can tell trash when I see it. These same items are available on eBay for <$10 each, and for good reason. So even at $36, you'd be overspending on these items. I can't actually see what's wrong with the razor itself (that's for experienced straight razor shavers to tell), but I can tell the strop is a joke, and I've heard that these ultra-cheap brushes don't last very long. There are better brushes available in the $10 range (Omega, Semogue, Escali, Tweezerman, even Van Der Hagen), and you don't have to roll the dice on a non-branded Chinese import.

FYI, SE means "Single Edge", and it is a type of Safety razor. The straight razor is what you are looking at, and is abbreviated SR.

Last edited:
+1 on all the above pass it and get a real razor. the #1 reason so many fail straights is the fact the razors are not razors they are rso's (razor shaped objects). to me a piece of glass would be a better shave.

I'm too new to straight razors to provide any additional useful feedback on that package, but I can tell you that I am very happy with the shave-ready Gold Dollar and strop from Buca. I've bought a brush from Larry at Whipped Dog and assume that you'd also be happy if you purchased from him. Good luck!

Keep an eye on the BST and vendor forums. A handful of VERY inexpensive shave - ready razors were just listed (and sold) by a vendor/hobbyist.

Thanks for all the input on the "so-called" bargain. After much consideration I'm going to go with a more quality made SE razor if I make the decision to buy one. Whipped Dog appears to be looking better all the time. I'm going to give it some thought.

I purchased a shave ready Gold Dollar razor and strop at a good price from buca. Save some bucks and go minimal until you decide if honing and shaving with a straight is for you.

Top Bottom