What's new

TOBS Jermyn Street Review:

Very nice detailed review. I had never tried TOBS before this week. I now have 3 tubs. Good stuff. :thumbup:

Oh yeah. Alot of people are often afraid to take the plunge if you will on new products and try something different. At first I though TOBS was a bit over rated, but I've since changed my mind after using some.

Well after yesterday's shave (Proraso white) , I decided to shave with my Merkur 37C and the TOBS Jermyn Street again. Only this time I swirled the brush around a few times in the cream rather just dipping it:

^ This still wasn't quite what I liked so I added a little more along with some more water and it helped:

It still has a few air bubbles in it, but it was a much better shave than what I had the last time. I think it can handle a little bit more water than the all natural cream can and I'll try working it a little less often. I noticed that this paticular TOBS has some specific needs for getting a good lather. I'll still buy it, but right now the All Natural formula is better. My guess is that it's because of the fragrence that the Jermyn Street formula has which can change how a cream performs.

Thanks for the review, great to know. I ve been using the cream for a while now and its my go to going to try the gel!

Thanks for the review, great to know. I ve been using the cream for a while now and its my go to going to try the gel!

You'll love the pre-shave gel it's really good. I just wish that you got more of it for the money it costs. That would make it even better.

Well after yesterday's shave (Proraso white) , I decided to shave with my Merkur 37C and the TOBS Jermyn Street again. Only this time I swirled the brush around a few times in the cream rather just dipping it:

It still has a few air bubbles in it, but it was a much better shave than what I had the last time. I think it can handle a little bit more water than the all natural cream can and I'll try working it a little less often. I noticed that this paticular TOBS has some specific needs for getting a good lather. I'll still buy it, but right now the All Natural formula is better. My guess is that it's because of the fragrence that the Jermyn Street formula has which can change how a cream performs.

It sounds like you have hard water. Ever try distilled water for lather-making? It would probably help with soaps and creams that don't contain chelating agents.

It sounds like you have hard water. Ever try distilled water for lather-making? It would probably help with soaps and creams that don't contain chelating agents.

Actually it's medium water and I found the secret to great performance this morning with the Proraso white formual. I'll try it with this one next. Soaking the container helped with the Proraso white this morning. I'll try that with the TOBS to see if it helps a bit.

Last edited:
That is the only Taylor cream that I don't like & it gets rave reviews. Mr Taylor, St James, Eaton college all are much better scent wise & performance.
I did this post 8 year’s ago. In fact I just ordered a tub yesterday. I don’t remember what I didn’t like about it. Getting old is a terrible thing. I’ll post again after I use this again. Now I’m real curious to use it again after I read my own post.

Out of close to 100 soaps, Jermyn St is one of only two that burns my face. I have both the AS and Cologne, which are very nice, but for some reason the soap just doesn't like me. Odd, since it is ostensibly for sensitive skin.

Top Bottom