What's new

Compounding pharmacy in my area

I just noticed this week that a compounding pharmacy is in the town I drive through on my way to/from work. They apparently have a soda fountain inside.

I've seen discussion about these on this forum before, but I couldn't get any hits from my forum search.

What sort of shaving goodness might I expect if I drop in?

If you are very, very lucky you will find NOS Gillette and Schick razors, remaining stocks of old DE blades from Wilkinson, Gillette and Schick...and maybe some old soaps, creams, and brushes. More likely is that you will find the same thing as what you would find in Rite-Aid. If that's the case, enjoy a root beer float!

A compounding pharmacy is a pharmacy which fills perscriptions by special order. They will put the medication in a form which suits the customer. Like a liquid rather than pill, in flavors that kids or adults prefer.............We have one here in Buffalo N.Y where I live.

I went and was sorely disappointed. No shaving stuff anywhere. I did pick up some slow-release iron tablets for my wife, but as for my own interests, nothing there.

A compounding pharmacy is a pharmacy which fills perscriptions by special order. They will put the medication in a form which suits the customer. Like a liquid rather than pill, in flavors that kids or adults prefer.............We have one here in Buffalo N.Y where I live.

Never seen anything like that here in Britain! You get the stuff as it comes from the drug companies.

They might exist but I've never heard of one.

Cheers

Gareth

I went and was sorely disappointed. No shaving stuff anywhere. I did pick up some slow-release iron tablets for my wife, but as for my own interests, nothing there.

A bit of a bummer. I just found a compounding pharmacy where I live and was wondering if I would have any luck there. Was hoping you would find something and that would make me go and check. Now I'm doubtful I'll find anything and wont want to go.

Ah, I'll find the time....

I had never even heard of these before today, but I did a quick google search and there seem to be two close to where I live. I will have to go by and check them out. I will let you guys know if I have any luck. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom