What's new

What I like about Omega boar brushes.

I just received today an Omega 11137 boar brush. Knot is 24mm the loft is 55mm.
I used it for the first time and it feels really nice right now. I know being a boar it will get better over time but Omega boar brushes seem to break in faster than some other popular boar brushes. It feels so good right now I can only imagine how nice it will feel after I have about 20 shaves on it.

$Omega Wood.jpg

Omega makes some great boar brushes at a fair price.
I've had the Omega Pro 0049 for over a year and it's great. Although, starting to lose a few more hairs lately. Possibly means the the knot is getting loose who knows.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Ron; Good looking brush! I like my 3 Omega brushes also: 31064 and 2 B&B Essentials. I also like your taste in razors; The Gillette NEW long comb is a favorite of mine.

Nice brush, brotha'. I have an Omega 10066 with about 15 shaves on it and it's awesome.

I've only been wet-shaving for about three weeks and also bought an Omega Bambino and an Omega Professional 10098.

The two new brushes already began to break in after a bunch of hand lathers, but I see some hairs breaking off in my soap. Is that because I'm not soaking the brushes long enough before working them?

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Nice brush, brotha'. I have an Omega 10066 with about 15 shaves on it and it's awesome.

I've only been wet-shaving for about three weeks and also bought an Omega Bambino and an Omega Professional 10098.

The two new brushes already began to break in after a bunch of hand lathers, but I see some hairs breaking off in my soap. Is that because I'm not soaking the brushes long enough before working them?
I soak mine while I'm taking a shower. Without a shower, I soak a boar brush for at least 2 minutes. Boar brushes can be somewhat fragile when dry but are worth the minor inconvenience of soaking before use.

My omega 10066 is all I need. It continues to softer and easier to make lather. I swear every bristle is split into two or three at the tips. I've no desire to get another brush. Razors on the other hand...

Look forward to a knot like this after about 40 or so shaves:). Sorry, turn your head sideways like the smiley.
$image.jpg

The 10066 is awesome and I bought the Bambino as a travel brush after seeing a few guys on Youtube using it. It's a fun little brush to use.

As far as the 10098...it's a beast! If you have a deep mug or a puck in a bowl/dish, check it out. It's basically a paintbrush.

Nice Omega, enjoy it. I was looking into the same model brush.
Your brush, razor, and shave mug make a great trio. Enjoy.

I like the beautiful ash wood handle. Semogue makes several brushes with wooden handles but this is the only Omega with a wooden handle I believe. I like Omega more than Semogue.

Out of the box, my 11137 was soft tipped and had a nice bit of splay under a little pressure and of course great flow-through. I was worried that it would turn into a wet noodle after breaking in, but I'm about 20+ shaves in with it and it is still performing like a champ.

Such a great brush!

I have used Omega brushes for years. I like them.

I always used the cheapo 10019 brush (€3,75 in the local drugstore), but I bought a "Professional" 20102 and a #48 a bit more than a year ago. I love those, because of the better handle (in case of the #102) and the larger knot (both the #102 and the #48). Nothing wrong with the 10019 really, but it feels budget, and it has a smaller knot (with excellent bristles, to be fair).

I like the beautiful ash wood handle. Semogue makes several brushes with wooden handles but this is the only Omega with a wooden handle I believe. I like Omega more than Semogue.

Omega 10005 also has a wood handle. Its sold at the biggest drugstore chain in canada, at least all over the eastern part of the country. Its quite scrubby, which is great once in a while.

I'm still looking at the oodles of Omega boars and trying to decide on at least one. So far, my only experience with anything Omega is one of their Hi-Brushes and it is excellent.

Out of the box, my 11137 was soft tipped and had a nice bit of splay under a little pressure and of course great flow-through. I was worried that it would turn into a wet noodle after breaking in, but I'm about 20+ shaves in with it and it is still performing like a champ.

Such a great brush!

Glad to hear that your 11137 is still doing well. I can't until mine breaks in more.

I've had a solo Omega #34 in my den for around two or more years. Broke is real quick. On my brush cull from last year it was the only boar brush survivor. Good boars at good prices IMHO.

Hers a pic when she was new. Nice solid handle and good back bone. super soft now.
$Omega 34.jpg

Last edited:
Omega 10005 also has a wood handle. Its sold at the biggest drugstore chain in canada, at least all over the eastern part of the country. Its quite scrubby, which is great once in a while.

That 10005 is a nice looking brush also. Thanks for pointing it out. I may get one for variety later on.

Last edited:
I've had a solo Omega #34 in my den for around two or more years. Broke is real quick. On my brush cull from last year it was the only boar brush survivor. Good boars at good prices IMHO.

That's why I like the Omega's more than the Semogue's. they break-in so fast. I had a Semogue 2000 I ended up giving it away because I didn't like it. Looking back now, I guess I didn't give it enough time to break in properly. The Semogue's seem so floppy also. I know plenty of people love them but not for me.

I have used Omega brushes for years. I like them.

I always used the cheapo 10019 brush (€3,75 in the local drugstore), but I bought a "Professional" 20102 and a #48 a bit more than a year ago. I love those, because of the better handle (in case of the #102) and the larger knot (both the #102 and the #48). Nothing wrong with the 10019 really, but it feels budget, and it has a smaller knot (with excellent bristles, to be fair).

I must be one of the only people who prefers the 48 and 49 handle over the 102. The 102 handle was really uncomfortable to me.

Comfort > Appearance

Top Bottom