What's new

Alt-Innsbruck, WOW

thanks. when i have checked in the past it was unavailable from him, but i will ask again.

If you can't find one, I can send you one, if you are in the CONUS. I am not a vendor, I just feel responsible, since I started this thread...;).

Seriously, just pm me if you can't find a sample.

Steve

Does anyone know a source for buying a sample of this? The description sounds great, but you never can really tell without trying. thanks

I haven't looked but try Garry's Sample Shop.

<edit> I just checked and he has it!

Last edited:
OK got my sample from Garry and am very glad that i did not pull the trigger on a whole bottle. something about the scent that just does not do it for me.

YMMV remains alive and well!

Sorry you didn't get along with it. I recall being so so on it at the start but it has since marched its way into my top 3 aftershaves.

OK got my sample from Garry and am very glad that i did not pull the trigger on a whole bottle. something about the scent that just does not do it for me.

Glad you were able to get a sample. I'm not a fan either. I'm clearly in the minority on this one, but that's OK - YMMV at its finest.

Sorry you didn't get along with it. I recall being so so on it at the start but it has since marched its way into my top 3 aftershaves.

well i certainly am not going to toss it, yet, but not a good first impression. it kind of reminds me of Tabac so i'm thinking that the tobacco fragrance and i just don't get along.

If you can't find one, I can send you one, if you are in the CONUS. I am not a vendor, I just feel responsible, since I started this thread...;).

Seriously, just pm me if you can't find a sample.

Steve

It's this kind of generosity that makes this forum so great. Unfortunately am currently restraining purchases so won't be able to purchase the sample from Garry, but I have been dying to try Alt and it's on my to try list once I'm out of restraints - which shouldn't be for a while, I have way more soft products than one could ever need :)

today i actually used the AI, rather than just a sniff test. hmmmm........

the face feel is pretty awesome, and lasts for a while.

the scent is still not the greatest, but, it evolves over time and ends up being better than when it first goes on. i'm not good at scent classification, but it reminds me of both Tabac and one of the Pinauds (Special Reserve, maybe?) right out of the bottle, but loses the similarity as time passes.

additional testing is indicated. Garry's sample provided enough product for somewhere between 6-12 shaves, maybe, depending on how carried away i get.

one additional note: Everyman Jack ASB compliments the AI very well.

It's this kind of generosity that makes this forum so great. Unfortunately am currently restraining purchases so won't be able to purchase the sample from Garry, but I have been dying to try Alt and it's on my to try list once I'm out of restraints - which shouldn't be for a while, I have way more soft products than one could ever need :)

I'm happy to send you a bit to try, just pm me your info. Is that against your restraints rules?

Steve

after lurking for quite sometime around the web...i finally pulled the trigger and have a bottle enroute to me.

Top Bottom