What's new

Alt-Innsbruck, WOW

OK, so I was a balm user the first two years of my wet shaving life, and have just recently gotten into old school splashes with the summer heat being here. Anyway, Captains choice was the only brand that really blew me away until today. Shaved with a vintage Puma 6/8 and MWF, rubbed and rinsed the alum, them splashed on some Alt-Innsbruck I just got from WCS. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I couldn't be more pleased. The menthol feel really is amazing, and my skin feels great. The smell is a bit more cologne-y than I am used too, but it's very nice. Overall, I am just amazed at this stuff and see what all the hype is about. Just had to post my thoughts. Probably been done to death, but on well.

Alt Innsbruck is great!
i last paired it with a Friedellko straight, but I suppose it would work ok with a Puma!
enjoy!

proxy.php

So would some one who like Tabac get along with Alt Innsbruck? I'm kinda wanting to put it it on my Birthday wish list if I would get on with it, being a Tabac liker guy.

I am a huge Tabac fan. I think the two are very different. AI is more of a mentholated tobacco scent vs. Tabac's powdery floral (to me) scent.

Is this smell supposed to be the tobacco flowers? Do tobacco flowers really smell like this? Hard to believe, given what my cigars smell like unlit. I like the smell, but it kind of smells like a barn, the better the cigar, the barn-ier.

Is this smell supposed to be the tobacco flowers? Do tobacco flowers really smell like this? Hard to believe, given what my cigars smell like unlit. I like the smell, but it kind of smells like a barn, the better the cigar, the barn-ier.

It is the smell of the tobacco flower, Nicotiana (Solanaceae Family). Yes, green and uncured tobacco.

Alt Innsbruck is amazing. I'll never be without it, although I don't use it that often. Mine is reserved for a night out or weekends, since I think it might be a bit strong for the office. But MAN...whatta scent!!

Well as an 'EX' smoker I still defo like and love the smell of a good cigar. It's on the list for my Birthday.

Does anyone know a source for buying a sample of this? The description sounds great, but you never can really tell without trying.

thanks

Top Bottom