What's new

Soaps you wanted to love but turned your face something ugly

La toja my first use. Tried it again this year and no problem.
Some orange/cinnamon scented TFS croap. I cut it with arko until my face could handle it.

I tried to make an uberlather with some EJ sandalwood soap and some TOBS Jermyn St. cream. It looked great but was way way too dry and I got a horrible shave. I'll have to give that one another go.

I love the smell of P.160 and it treats my face well! Surprised to see so many say that so soon. For me, MdC in both Fougere and Unscented rub me wrong unfortunately!

Stirling electric sheep...the smell so repulsed me that I tried to shave way too quickly. Butcher job.

glad to see that I'm not the only one who cant tolerate the smell of electric sheep. my wife got it for me among a TON of other soaps, most being stirling. I just can't stand the smell. I love the lather though and I find that I react very well to lanolin so that isn't a problem.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Mike's Hungarian Lavender. I love lavender, but might as well burned the hair off with a Bernz-O-Matic.

Cheers, Steve

RR Nervous Wreck (Beautiful lather that burned like crazy. Never could get a good shave with it.)
RR Classic Old Formula (Not as bad as Nervous wreck, but still not usable)

I've never had a bad reaction to any soap I've ever used...and that goes back some 35 years now! Granted, I don't "play the field" as much as some around here. (buncha sensitive soap hoors! :001_tt2:)

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Godrej Menthol Mist and Rich Lather
Cella
RazoRock P.160
Maggard Orange Menthol

Do I have sensitive skin or am I just unlucky in zeroing in on all the products that would hurt me? Who knows.

glad to see that I'm not the only one who cant tolerate the smell of electric sheep. my wife got it for me among a TON of other soaps, most being stirling. I just can't stand the smell. I love the lather though and I find that I react very well to lanolin so that isn't a problem.

Stirling Soaps are 50/50 for me on scents. For every one I like, there's another one that I absolutely detest. Port au Prince was one such soap I hated, and I think it has the same lemongrass (citronella) scent that Electric Sheep has. Something about that oil is just...pungent.

Tons of soaps, unfortunately. Anything almond for sure. It's not always predictable though. A lot of citrus soaps bother me, but Tiki Citrus Mint Blast doesn't bother me at all. A lot of cologne scents have caused me problems (like SS Baker Street), but Freedberg seems fine.

The latest that really upset me is Tiki Fougere, which I got a big ol 8oz tin of. I love the scent and it was going to be a keeper, but it's causing me some irritation. Lousy overly sensitive skin... :mad3: Another soap to BST. I guess it keeps me from having a huge stockpile!

Top Bottom