What's new

What do your guests think?

Most ask: "they still make those?" and "how old are the blades you use with them?"

Apparently people think that with the advent of cartridge razors everyone immediately stopped making DE razors and blades.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
my guests use the guest bathroom. No one but me uses the master bath attached to my bedroom wherein I keep my shave den.

My guests have no idea about my shaving habbit.

The only comments I've heard were "Oh, so that's what you were talking about." I don't think I've been preachy, it's usually the wives that tell their husbands that they should try it.

My stuff for use is in the ensuite to our master bedroom - so guests don't see any of my stuff in use.

What they do see is the cabinet where it all started for me downstairs in our guest bathroom - these are recent pics:

So far nobody has pawed through the Red Dot Fatboy, Bottom Dial, Serial number Toggle, Toggle, Rockets, NOS Pioneer Olympic set etc etc but after the experience of the OP with his FiL now I'm a little worried!

Actually the best part is when visitors say that they 'like my collection of razors in the bathroom' - I get to respond that they are just a little bit and show them the rest (which you can see here)

Priceless!!!! :thumbup1:

I've only been back with DE shaving 6 months, since I moved into my (small) new apartment. All my stuff has just spread out naturally beside the sink. My best pal came by, and she was amazed by it all. Interested in the whole procedure. She's in London now, hopefully cleaning out Geo. F. Trumper for me.

When we entertain guests, my wife gets a few drinkies and shaving comes up... Then she has me taking our guests to see my den. Then it becomes a little awkward sometimes. But friends always think it's kinda cool with my gear.
I am a little hesitant to let them see my near 100 bottles of fragrance. At least 1/2 of those are secured away but still 40-50 on display. + 30-40 aftershaves. 10 brushes, 12 razors 20 soaps.

Yeah you get my drift. Most people find it cool but don't get it.

"Cool Razor"

I don't try to convert or bring it up with guests. I have a fatboy out on display in case, then my daily driver (UFO Colibri/Weber head) brush and soap. Takes a minimal amount of space.

I keep all my stuff in my bedroom cupboard as I have no counter space at all in the bathroom.

It doesn't stop me from chewing my guest's ear off re: wet shaving though!

My stuff for use is in the ensuite to our master bedroom - so guests don't see any of my stuff in use.

What they do see is the cabinet where it all started for me downstairs in our guest bathroom - these are recent pics:

So far nobody has pawed through the Red Dot Fatboy, Bottom Dial, Serial number Toggle, Toggle, Rockets, NOS Pioneer Olympic set etc etc but after the experience of the OP with his FiL now I'm a little worried!

Actually the best part is when visitors say that they 'like my collection of razors in the bathroom' - I get to respond that they are just a little bit and show them the rest (which you can see here)

Priceless!!!! :thumbup1:

Mark, that's awesome!

[a]My favorite comments are usually just the "What do you do with that?". I just say I wish I had a cool story for ya, but alas I just use the razors for shaving.[/FONT][/I][/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should see the looks that I get when people see the strop hanging from the wall! :laugh:

Frank
I had a friend over for a game of chess. It was a friendly game, but we are both serious enough about the game that there is no chit chat. He used the bathroom and I thought, "He is going to see the strops, I'll bet he won't mention them and neither will I." The strops were never brought up, but I felt that I got a serious advantage by the distraction that they had to have caused him. IIRC I won that game, either way I still chuckle about it.

I once lived in a fraternity house, and I kept my brush and blade on the shelf above my computer. One of my brothers commented on how cool it was, and two weeks later we started "shaving club" in the bathroom with another guy--more fun was never had by guys in towels :tongue_sm.

Nothing that cool ever happens now--it's usually family members making fun of me, as they don't get why I would willingly spend half an hour shaving my face, or why half the stuff I get delivered to my house ends up being shaving supplies. They get the whole "closer shave and saving money" thing, but it's the time spent on the shave that baffles them.

"It's luxurious and relaxing" I'll say. "So's a bubble bath, but I don't take those every day," they say. "Le sigh," I'll say, and that'll be that.

Top Bottom