What's new

Lavanille Barrister & Mann

Definitely interested on your thoughts on the scent. I love B&M and might have to make room in the den for the new ones.

Yeah, they just went on sale this past Saturday. I'd be VERY surprised if anyone had received it yet. I'd say maybe tomorrow you might see some folks reporting deliveries.

Have one enroute. Latest USPS tracking report shows it in Rochester NY as of the wee hours of this morning.

Oh, wow! Just noticed that expected delivery date is tomorrow! We shall see.

Last edited:
Ordered Petrichor and Arctique a couple of minutes after they were released. Should be delivered here in Seattle tomorrow night, but I'm not getting off work until 10pm.

Gents !!!
i got mine today.

When I first read Will's description I couldn't believe what was stated : De Laire's Mousse de Saxe was back.
moroever, Pour un Homme de Caron, my favorite week end perfume was now available under the form of a shaving soap.

Well guys. It is all true. Amazing !!!

When you first open the jar you get to feel the subtitle scent of lavender which characterizes a classy scent.
After few seconds, keeping the jar away from your nose and moving it around at about 15 inches distance, you will understand that sweet vanilla and musk complete this scent. The aggregation of all factors is Pour Un Homme and this is simply spectacular !!!

Can't wait to try this one and will keep it for a long time.

PS : Will, whenever you feel like it.....I adore Azzaro pour Homme as well. That's my daily perfume.

Last edited:
50% 50% in my opinion.
the difference here is that you get a "global scent" a real perfume feeling. Hard to describe but nothing is overwhelming it's just very well balanced.

Got mine this afternoon, as well. Looking forward to trying it out in the next morning or two. As to scent, I believe Will stated that the Mousse de Saxe which he recreated was dropped by Caron sometime in the 80s (perhaps), which means that the Caron Pour Un Homme I have is without it. Having said that, I think the Lavanille is a heavier scent than the Caron, and I do not pick up as much of the lavender. It is there but there is an earthiness that I do not find like lavender herbaciousness. I appreciate Mango's method of holding the tub away from you to assess the aroma; holding it right up to my nose on the first try today was a bit overpowering in a very earthy way - maybe musk, maybe cedar. Anise tinge in it? My wife thinks so, and she likes licorice.

What the heck is going on at Barrister and Mann?

I have always liked the performance of B&M soaps, but the scents never thrilled me. That is, until I purchased their Fougère Aromatique, what a great scent!

The Lavanille has been delivered in Oakland. I can hardly wait for tomorrow's shave.

I think Will is taking things to another level, fantastic!

Last edited:
I shaved with mine this morning. This soap is unbelievable. I have not smelled vintage Pour Un Homme, but my bottle of current formulation seems too strong on vanilla. This soap is all that I like about PuH but with the added depth that is missing from my current bottle, it seems needed so that the vanilla doesn't drown out everything else. Amazing scent and very enjoyable, not to mention that typical B&M performance - which for me is top notch. This one is, if not absolutely then nearly, perfect.

BTW, would not be surprised to see his take on Azzaro one day. I know he is a fan . . . :thumbup:

Top Bottom