What's new

Razors

I have been using Merkur razors so far and tried some Feather razors. The Feathers were too sharp and the Merkur seems a little dull. What should I try next?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
As always your best option is the sample pack. Try more blades and after a few shaves with each different brand you'll be able to decide by yourself which blade(s) work best for you. Good luck, Sir.

My advice to you is to order a sample pack from one of the well reputed vendors around here. When DE shaving, I tend to stick with Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Blacks, Astra SPs and Voskhods. But there are plenty different options and opinions. Try a few from a sample pack and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I just got a sample pack from westcoastshaving.com. Where should I start? How do these compare?

Derby Extra
Gillette 7 o'clock yellows
Red Person named
Crystal
Merkur
Feather
Dorco
BIC chrome platinum
Astra platnium

I just got a sample pack from westcoastshaving.com. Where should I start? How do these compare?

Derby Extra
Gillette 7 o'clock yellows
Red Person named
Crystal
Merkur
Feather
Dorco
BIC chrome platinum
Astra platnium

leave feather for last.

Where should I start? I have used derby Merkur and feather. Derby and Merkur have a lot of tug and Feather removes too much face

I would give the Astras a try. I think the Crystals and Red Personnas would also be good balanced blades. And make sure to revisit blades that don't work at present; if you're just starting off, it isn't necessarily all the fault of the blade!:laugh:

I would give the Astras a try. I think the Crystals and Red Personnas would also be good balanced blades. And make sure to revisit blades that don't work at present; if you're just starting off, it isn't necessarily all the fault of the blade!:laugh:
Thanks for the advise. I'll try astras tomorrow.

My advice to you is to order a sample pack from one of the well reputed vendors around here. When DE shaving, I tend to stick with Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Blacks, Astra SPs and Voskhods. But there are plenty different options and opinions. Try a few from a sample pack and you will be pleasantly surprised.

+1

It seems you're asking advice about blades but your thread title as well as the OP says Razor which could be misleading.

Lots of solid advice above.

Top Bottom