What's new

Newbie using Real Shaving Co.

Just started DE shaving with EJ89L and using the real shave co cream which I have always used with cartridges and found very god and great value at £1.20!!

My question is should I stick with this cream or is the likes of TOBS far better to use? Want to get the best shave and being new to this want to increase my chances of success....must say so far I have had no real problems.

Real Shaving Co shave cream is a perfectly fine shave cream. It comes in a few different lines, I've used the Real Shaving Co. Moisturizing cream.

IMO, there's no difference in performance between Real Shaving Co. Moisturizing cream and TOBS. It is manufactured by a Creighton, who it's widely reported makes the base for the three major "T's". The difference between the Real Shaving Co. and the more premium brands is the fragrance and essential oils added to provide scent.

Dittos to Bob. I've never tried any of the TOBS creams but I really like my RSC. The only downside, at least for me, is the limited selection. Locally I can only find the moisturizing cream, the shave gel, and the aftershave balm. They make a menthol cream that eventually I'll find somewhere and try.

I picked up the sensitive cream yesterday and it does not have the cocoa butter but has allantoin (apparently prevents irritation) no major difference but think the moisturising is slightly better. The face scrub is really good and only £1.20.

We're actually very lucky: lots of great products out there, some are inexpensive like the Nivea and the RSC, others cost more but open up an amazing world of scents to you. Explore this sub for a while, and enjoy as your wallet permits!

Real Shaving Co shave cream is a perfectly fine shave cream. It comes in a few different lines, I've used the Real Shaving Co. Moisturizing cream.

IMO, there's no difference in performance between Real Shaving Co. Moisturizing cream and TOBS. It is manufactured by a Creighton, who it's widely reported makes the base for the three major "T's". The difference between the Real Shaving Co. and the more premium brands is the fragrance and essential oils added to provide scent.

Exactly this. The performance of Real Shaving Co. and my TOBS Eton college is exactly the same to me. The only advantage of TOBS would be the wide range of scents. Some people don't like the RSC scent (mostly tea tree oil scent to me), but I don't mind it, I have even grown to like it now that my tube is almost done.

Top Bottom