What's new

Questionable NOS

I received five old blades recently with an old razor I bought. They are loosely wrapped individually in old Wilkinson Sword Made in England papers, but are Gillette & Schick blades. They look unused. Look being the operative word. Gillette Super Silver, Schick Plus Platinum, two Gillette Super Stainless & finally a Super + Platinum (Personna?).Twenty minute soak in 70& alcohol and give 'em a whirl? There is zero rust. :huh:

P.S. I also have some old Perma-Sharp blades that are made in Brasil in the same condition.

Last edited:
Perhaps the seller wrapped them for you? From what I've seen all of the blade types you mentioned came in metal or plastic dispensers and not as wrapped blades.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
unless I opened the package myself I wouldn't use them. But I'm weird like that.

Somebody please explain to me the fascination with using old DE blades...is there something far superior over what you get today from a brand new one? I can understand the old razors, but the blades? Why? I'm with Toothpick on this. Unless I've opened them, I'll pass on them. Good luck with the blades...

Top Bottom