What's new

Film pif conus

I have 24 envelopes ready to go, in each contains: 2 each of 3.25 x 9" strips in 15,12,9,5,3,2,1um.

They weighed more than I thought, but think it's worthwhile to have 2 each of the film, b/c if you hone over any dirt or hair- the film can be ruined.

a 3.5 x 9.5" piece of glass can be bought locally for a few bucks.

I haven't been to the PO to weigh these sucker yet, but I was thinking 2$ each S&H paypal? What do you guys think?

They will come in a white envelope, so there is a risk that the mail can ding it- but i'd say thats low, IME.

1st come 1st serve. I'll go by PM received times, not posts on the thread. Include your address in the 1st PM.

New to PIFing, so if asking for S&H isn't ok- just let me know!

*Oh yea- they are in order, and the 5um is darker than the 15um.

grey: 15
olive: 12
blue: 9
black: 5
purple:3
teal: 2
green:1

Last edited:
My pleasure! I look fwd to hearing what you guys think. Remember, the film has to be spotless! A credit card type card works well as a squeegee.

22 left.

Very generous and I think it's perfectly ok to ask for a couple of bucks for shipping when you are sending out 22 PIFs. Really nice.

Normally with PIF's shipping is covered, but then again, normally people don't send out 24 PIF's at the same time.
Applying common sense to this, a couple bucks for shipping is completely acceptable and makes total sense in this situation.
I have no problem with it at all and certainly appreciate your generosity.

Thank you for the opportunity to try the film. This is very nice of you to do.

Seraphim, if you haven't tried 2um- shipping is on me.

Gamma, eh? Eh? Free shipping for you too.

Got mine last night, thanks! I have a Bergischer Löwe with this film's name all over it. Where did this film come from in case we like it BTW? I have heard some guys mention a place called Thorlab or something like that?

Specialized.net a fiber optics type online store. Smaller film than thorlabs, but more options.

OK just finished up my Löwe last night. I used a piece of float glass that I lapped flat with a DMT plate as the backing. It went pretty quick and easy - the edge looks great under magnification. I just shaved, so I won't be able to really try it out until tonight or maybe tomorrow though. All indications are very good though - easily passing HHT. Thanks again to isi for the chance to try it out.

Yup. Used all 7 in progression and then did a quick strop on hanging leather with a CrOx spray to smooth it and 100 laps on straight leather. I will probably try it out without the CrOx on the next razor - I just kind of automatically go to the CrOx because I almost always get irritation on my neck if I don't - no matter what I sharpen with. Everywhere else is fine without it but there for me.

Ok, went ahead and shaved tonight - the edge is extremely sharp, but a little harsh for me. I had no problems WTG or XTG but trying to go ATG on my neck resulted in quite a few painless weepers. I will be trying the paper under the film trick next to see how that does. The shave was pretty good though, the stuff definitely works! I think I'm still pretty partial to my stones though. I haven't found a whole lot that beats the SG20K and a lapped Spyderco UF is pretty darn good too. For the cost though, film wins hands down.

Top Bottom