What's new

Maggard's new stainless handled razor!

Wow - $25 for a HUGE SS handled razor! Those folks are awesome! Just sayin'. I am not affiliated in any way, just had great experiences with them. I will let you google it - the new MR8.

Wow, that is a big handle. Longer than my RR SLAB handle and nearly three times the weight of my Atlas :blink:

Maggard Razors MR8 Stainless Steel Handle
Handle Weight: 150g
Handle Length: 90mm
Handle Diameter: 18mm

For comparison, check out TonyJ's reference:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Safety_razor_handles

Their description also says smaller SS handles are coming....

I need to stop reading posts like this...

Yes I just ordered one...

Let us know how it is :001_smile

I wonder what alloy it is made of (they differ in rust resistance and such).

Also, I'm curious if it is machined or cast (not that I think it would matter in itself ... just a curiosity).

For $25 including an EJ89 clone head ... hard to beat the price.

Cheers!
Shawn

I find the Weber handle just a touch heavier than I'd prefer. Any heavier, and I'd have to apply negative pressure when shaving to prevent razor burn.

proxy.php

Every time I see there's a new stainless handle, I get excited hoping it has barber pole knurling like the Gillette Bulldog. Ah well, maybe next time.

Just proof to me that the Feathers, Pils, etc. are vastly overpriced. I realize the HANDLE is stainless and not necessarily the head, but still. Their site also says a sub $20 stainless handle razor will be available in 6-12 weeks.

Bought one -- couldn't resist. I thought my UFO Goliath was over the top at 115g, but this thing is 35g heavier!

If it's too heavy to shave with, it'll make a nice paperweight. :laugh:

Top Bottom