What's new

Barbershop Scent Obsession

I have a new goal in life. I was lost in the wilderness of countless soap scents until I tried the RazoRock American Blend. I now know that I must sample as many Barbershop scented soaps as humanly possible.:lol: The obsession is new so I am certain that many of you, if not most of you, are far ahead of me in this honorable task.

Thus far I have:
Razorock American Blend
Strop Shoppe Tallow Barbershoppe
Mystic Water Barbershop(on order)

On my short list to buy are:
Barrister and Mann Seville
Mikes Barbershop
Stirling Barbershop
Synergy BarberPole(too slow on my computer last week)

Anyone want to add their favorites to this list?

And, there are countless Barbershop Aftershaves out there. Does anyone make a pre-shave oil with the classic Barbershop scent?

Cheers

I like your original list, and have most all of those as well. In addition, my other favorites would be:

WSO 'Bill the Barber'
Cold River American Barbershop
RazoRock Classic (if we're talking about an Italian Barbershop)
Arko - I know this isn't marketed as a 'barbershop' scent, but it definitely brings that image to my mind, so I classify it as one.

Stirling also has a Clubman scented soap, which is the king of barbershop scents. I also like TOBS Mr. Taylors. Institute Karite and RR Mudder Focker also have barbershop-ish scents as well.

Whenever I think of barbershop scents, I think of a scent with a good talc base. From there, the soap makers can get creative. Mama Bears is talc and bay rum. Mr. Taylors is talc and spice. Shave Shop is talc and citrus. Like you, I love barbershop scents. Luckily, there are lots to choose from and (to me) they all smell wonderful.

I will second the WSO and Cold river soaps. I hears that mikes is similar to that strop shoppe that you currently own. Im also on a babershop scent kick right now...so I will let you know what I find.

I'm with you. I bought the original square bottle American Blend aftershave after trying the Fine American Blend razorock soap!

I've been known to put it on at other times of the day besides after actually shaving :)

I have the FAB soap, Mike's Barbershop, and Stirling Barbershop bath soap. I love all three of those. I read that Synergy came out with a Barberpole scent that is just like FAB but it seems sold out at the moment.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I should have put the WSO Bill the Barber on the list. Both his preshave oil and aftershave balm are excellent products. I know that there has been an extended illness in his family. Does anyone know if WSO is still in business? I believe he has closed down his ETSY site.

Just got the Mystic Water Barbershop in the mail. I haven't even had a chance to test lather it yet. The scent is powdery and a bit sweet when compared to the Strop Shoppe or American Blend. I will give it a test run this evening.

you're missing the Granddad of Barbershop soaps....Williams!!

$d-day williams rubberset open comb blenheim bouquet june 6 2014.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input.

I should have put the WSO Bill the Barber on the list. Both his preshave oil and aftershave balm are excellent products. I know that there has been an extended illness in his family. Does anyone know if WSO is still in business? I believe he has closed down his ETSY site.

Just before the illness happened, he announced that he will be focusing on manufacturing and selling his products through Knockout Shave (not sure whether he will look for other etailers as well).

Although a cream, Bluebeard's Revenge (or Dreadnaught, as I think it's known in the US) is described as a barbershop scent. I absolutely love the smell of it.

I've never tried any of the other barbershop scents mentioned in this thread, though, so I can't say how it compares.

Stirling also has a Clubman scented soap, which is the king of barbershop scents.
First of, let me say that I'm a huge Stirling fan, with Barbershop as my #1. I find that to my nose, the only thing that Stirling Clubman has in common with Pinaud Clubman is the name. Stirling has a pronounced wintergreen scent that is thankfully not present in Pinaud.

Had my first shave with the Mystic Waters Barbershop. It is known for being a bit difficult to create the perfect lather, and I added too much water so the lather was a touch thin. That said, I had a great, super-slick, shave. The scent was more powdery/sweeter than with either the RazoRock AB or the StropShoppe BarberShop, but it was very pleasant and did not linger. The Mystic Waters is a keeper.

For those of you who are interested, Mike's just got a new shipment of BarberShop soap. Get it before it disappears...........

Top Bottom