What's new

Klar Kabinett shaving soap

For last nights shave I brought this old school shaving soap out from behind several others stored in my shaving den. Man I forgot just how easy this stuff lathers and how luxurious the lather feels. It is ashamed that it has been discontinued as it was one of the best value shave soaps you could buy.

I think its about time I dusted off the second bar of my 250g pack that's been sat untouched for around 6 months now. Such a great soap!

I came across a thread with a link to what looked like Klar Kabinett in newer packaging. Perhaps it's not discontinued after all. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find that thread.

I came across a thread with a link to what looked like Klar Kabinett in newer packaging. Perhaps it's not discontinued after all. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find that thread.
As I remember, when Klar Siefen discontinued Kabinett they said it was to make way for a new soap, though I have not seen one. Will have to check.

Just checked here: http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/home/. Do not see a new one.

Last edited:
He's right there was a thread HERE, where someone linked to a soap sold on some EU vendor that appeared to be repackaged Klar Kab. Same packaging (2x250), same ingredients, same price, same scent, different name. I remember it distinctly, but I can't find it for the life of me, and I've been searching since he mentioned it. It's driving me crazy.

Last vendor I remember having it was the one written in Dutch that I can never get the translator to work. For the life of me I cannot remember the vendor now! Il Barbiere? Yes! Barbiere de Figaro.

Last edited:
He's right there was a thread HERE, where someone linked to a soap sold on some EU vendor that appeared to be repackaged Klar Kab. Same packaging (2x250), same ingredients, same price, same scent, different name. I remember it distinctly, but I can't find it for the life of me, and I've been searching since he mentioned it. It's driving me crazy.

That was my post from HERE.

Direct link to the supplier is HERE.

I've not ordered, since as said in my post above I have half my last packet still untouched... in fact half a packet in reserve is not enough, I'll probably need to stock up again soon! :thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Good question about the scent, only one way to answer... I've "take one for the team" and ordered some Dusy Prof Kabinett from their eBay store.
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to hearing your findings. KK was a favorite of mine too.

What a great soap! I'm glad I bought 2 huge blocks of the stuff before it was discontinued. Between the two blocks in reserve and the one that I'm not even a quarter of the way through it (after 18 months of regular use), I'm pretty sure this will be a staple in my den for a long time.

That price is quite a bit more than it used to sell for. One was 20 Euro and the eBay was 19.99 Euro. I paid $17 for it a year ago at Pasteur's when I was in NY. And, that was after it was discontinued. The cashier even mentioned to me that I should stock up, since it's not going to be around anymore.

Shipping from any of the EU suppliers is in the order of 31 euros! We need one of our domestic suppliers to stock this. It's still a bargain at the 20 euro price tag, but not with that shipping tacked on. Ouch.

I think the Klassik version is better than the Kabinett, but you can't beat that price. It puts soaps 5X its cost to shame.

I've yet to try this soap - is is tallow-based? Where does it rank among the top-performing major soaps of today?

It is not tallow based. Trying to put it in any hierarchy would be very difficult, as you could ask 10 people their top 5 soaps and get 10 completely different answers.

I think its a good soap. Out of the 50 or so soaps I've used over the years, on strictly performance I'd put it in the top 20, but probably not my top 10. When you could buy 1/2 kilo for $20, it was a great deal, but those days are gone sadly.

KK often left me with burning sensation, so I don't miss it so much... But performance was awesome!

Thank you very much Gentlemen. It was a great help...I was always a bit hesitant to buy Klar's Shaving Soap Classic (refill) for 20,99 € * 19,08 €/100g plus postage from the Klar's online shop. Instead i just pulled the trigger for the Dusy Professional MEN Kabinet Rasierseife 2x250g just for 18,50 € and with very modest postage... thanks once more Gentlemen. Ps:By the way, while i was writing this post, the status of my order it just has been"shipped" !!!

Top Bottom