What's new

New to Badge & Blade - How long does it take to shave?

First: Hi all! Badge & Blade has been a good resource to improve my shave.

I'm focused really on having a fast as possible shave (but bbs) with my DE razor (Chinese Super Gillette Blue Blades with GSB from Russia).

It takes me from when I walk into the bathroom to walk out and when I'm fast < 2 minutes to shave including lather up (using can) and cleanup. I know I can still improve upon this. The longest part takes shaving my chin.

Any suggestions to improve upon shaving speed. I believe a better lather would improve upon my time but I really haven't found any good and affordable gel(most good ones are too expensive) that does a good job. Creating my own lather manual simply takes too long. Any suggestions in this area are appreciated. I do shave every day.

A BBS shave in less than 2 minutes? Including lathering and cleanup? I don't think you are going to find that here.

I have it down now and it usually takes me about ten minutes to shave start to finish three passes and cleanup. I do enjoy every minute of it though.

Clooner, do you work for Gillette in the ProGlide division?? Just kidding, but relax and enjoy your shaves. I usually take about 20 minutes with my shower, and a little longer for straight shaves.

Didn't time it exactly but today was about 15-20 minutes including whipping up the lather etc, really enjoyed taking my time and I find shaving relaxing

Welcome to B&B. If you really must shave that fast, try shave jelly. I get a great shave in next to no time but it takes the pleasure out of the process. I would question why you need to rush through a shave that quickly, though; speed isn't everything.

Hi clooner. Welcome.

Doesn't the song go: "Slow down, you're goin' too fast. Gotta make the morning last."? Perhaps setting the wake-up a few minutes earlier could give you a few minutes more to devote to your daily shave. It's your time -- why not enjoy it?

Terry

I'm about to start wet shaving but with my old cartridge blades and shaving gel it would take me around 10 minutes to shave and an additional 5-10 minutes to trim and edge my goatee, etc.

Hello and welcome to B&B, clooner. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

It's up to you, but to "improve" your speed, I would slow down.

so far takes me 1 full hour from the time I enter my shower to the time I lace up my boots and head out the door

that is 3 passes on head, 4 passes on neck, cleanup and EdT/EdP up, and dress up

30 minutes from outta bed to stepping in the kitchen to get the Joe going. Probably around 15 spent on the shaving - normally do 3-pass.

Top Bottom