What's new

Just tried Musgo Real products for the first time

I've got just about every standard cheap drugstore aftershave made: Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Brut, the list is long. In my part of the woods, I've never once been able to find Musgo Real products in the Portland, OR area. I finally ordered some from QED and in 3 quick days, the packaged arrived cross country.

I shaved tonight with the Musgo Real creme and then splashed on a liberal amount of AS. The creme smelled...different. I'm not sure about the "hay" smell yet, but it will grow on me I'm sure. The creme performed very well however, my brush whipped up a large amount of lather.

Then came the Musgo AS. This smells a lot better than the creme. The burn is nice and hot but WOW, the moisturizing effects of this stuff! Its been 4 hrs since applying and my face is still feeling nice and nourished, as if I had put a balm on it. This stuff is definitely a step above the $5-10 range. Very nice, glad I decided to try.

Musgo Real AS Splash is a great product IMO. Efficacious, with a scent that is "out of this world", in a class by itself!!

John

I too am new to Musgo. But man, this stuff is something. Just amazing aftershave. Puts the finishing touch on a close shave like nothing else I've tried.

I am assuming you got the splash?? Have you tried the balsam (balm) aftershave? Really good for irritation and moisturizing...

Musgo's splash is definately the most soothing splash I've ever used. It smells pretty damn good too - but only in the bottle in my case. For some reason, it turned to stink upon contact with my skin. Another example of YMMV!

I am assuming you got the splash?? Have you tried the balsam (balm) aftershave? Really good for irritation and moisturizing...

Yes, I got the splash. I shave at night and after writing that last night and going to bed, I could still feel it somewhat in the morning, amazing!

Haven't tried the balm yet, or the colognes for that matter.

The cream is simply the best performing cream of any I've tried, and probably my favourite scent too.

The splash is by far and away the most moisturising, skin soothing and pleasant, and again, with an amazing scent.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I wish I discovered the splash years ago. There's nithing like it.

The balm is pretty good, as well. I have a two year old bottle of it that's not even halfway done.

Does anyone know of any cologne that smells like the AS splash. The Musgo colognes aren't nearly as nice as the AS, but the AS doesn't last (smell wise).

I agree with others...the splash is probably the most amazing aftershave there is (this and Speick...but Speick doesn't mopisturize as well)...my only problem is that the scent can be a little strong. OK, one other issue is that it is easy to use too much and can result in my face feeling sticky (at first). Once you master the correct dosage, though...musgo splash is pretty much unbeatable.

Just got hold of a bottle of this wonder splash. I've not used a splash for years. I used to use one when i first started shaving, but somewhere along the line, i became a ***** and my face just couldn't handle the alcohol. I'm unsure of whether it's just a general improvement in my skin, the Musgo splash itself or i've just become a tough guy, but man, Musgo is fantastic.
The "burn" is very gentle, and actually pleasant and refreshing after a shave. The scent works fabulously with the Musgo cream - like the OP noted, it's more "hay" than "grass" to my nose, but nice nevertheless - and it doesn't interfere with any cologne or EDT you may want to add afterwards. 24 hours later, my face still feels great.

I'm gutted i didn't get on the splash wagon earlier, and although i'm not willing to part with my Lime Skin Food or Proraso balm just yet, this splash is going to become a regular.

You should move to Proraso next just to see what the hype is about, you wont regret it. But Musgo is a winner in its own regard.

Top Bottom