What's new

Razor similar to EJ89?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I went out of my price range, but bought a Feather D2 from Italian Barber. Should be here later in the week. Being new to DE shaving, is it customary to take the razor apart after every shave and let it dry? I've been leaving the razor together and hanging on a stand.

I went out of my price range,

Yeah, B&B can encourage that :001_rolle

bought a Feather D2 from Italian Barber. Should be here later in the week. Being new to DE shaving, is it customary to take the razor apart after every shave and let it dry? I've been leaving the razor together and hanging on a stand.

Awesome. I'm sure you'll love it!

I'd also rather buy one razor that I'm going to love rather than collect many less expensive razors. I went with ATT myself (and love it), but if I wanted to buy a very mild razor, it would be the Feather AS-D2. By reputation they are often said to have no equal in regards to a very mild razor being also remarkably efficient. Among experienced shavers who prefer very mild razors, the Feather AS-D2 is I think the one that is most commonly listed as an all time favorite (among currently manufactured razors at least).

As the Feather sports a (reportedly very high quality) chrome plating, I don't think you have to worry a bit about taking it apart between shaves. I do personally take my ATT apart between shaves (it's unplated stainless steel), but the advantage of the chrome plating is that it offers extremely good protection from rust and scratches.

Cheers!
Shawn

Top Bottom