What's new

Eau d’orange verte

Hey All,

Was at Nordstroms the other day and I tried this on. Wow, very nice! Nice citrus with a hint of mint and spice. Reminds me of Verdon from L'Occitane.

Just wanted to know if anybody uses this and can give a bit more insight?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hermes-...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_6_A

$_6674097.jpg

Last edited:
They make a Concentre version that I love, and has greater longevity.........

Oops...I see the pic is of the Concentre version, is this the one you tried or the regular one?

I believe this is the Jean-Claude Ellena's reformulation (orig. by Francois Caron). I went through a sample and liked it. Very bitter orange and not sweet at all. I remember longevity being better than most citrus fragrances. If I wanted a true-to-life bitter orange frag. this would be at the top of my list.

Hey All,

Was at Nordstroms the other day and I tried this on. Wow, very nice! Nice citrus with a hint of mint and spice. Reminds me of Verdon from L'Occitane.

Just wanted to know if anybody uses this and can give a bit more insight?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hermes-...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_6_A

View attachment 477149

Concentré d'eau d'orange verte is my regular fragrance.

This is not Eau d'orange verte, the EDC (eau de Cologne) but the EDT (eau de toilette, more concentrated): Concentré d'orange verte. The opening lasts around 5 mn, like an orange/citrus blossom, then it dries down for 3 or 4 hrs in a greenish bitter note, pretty masculine, even if it's a unisex fragrance. Both edc ad edt are good, not a big projection, the odor stays close to the skin, longevity 2 hrs for the edc, 3-4 fir the edt, office safe.

If you like Eau d'orange verte or Concentré d'orange verte, you should (must) try the brand new EdT by Hermès : Terre d'Hermès Eau très fraîche. Better longevity (4 to 6 hours), moderate projection, opening with orange blossom during 2 hours, then greenish ozonic dry down.

proxy.php

If you like Eau d'orange verte or Concentré d'orange verte, you should (must) try the brand new EdT by Hermès : Terre d'Hermès Eau très fraîche. Better longevity (4 to 6 hours), moderate projection, opening with orange blossom during 2 hours, then greenish ozonic dry down.

proxy.php

Thanks for the heads! I'll definitely check it out.

Personally, I instantly fell for this EdT when I sniffed it. Better longevity on paper (around 2 days!) than on my skin (but my skin chemistry has changed since I've reached the 40's). Definitely better than its orange verte cousins.

I used this many years ago and then my daughter got me a bottle as a gift. What a disappointment! The old formulation lasted all day and I felt it was worth the money. The new version does not last more than a few minutes, on me anyway, and my wife thinks the new version does not smell as good. I think it is way to much money to spend on something that does not last.

+1 for the Terre D'Hermés ... I love it and receive compliments every time I wear it, can't speak for the other fragrance the OP is talking about

Top Bottom