What's new

Best of the Best?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Proraso Green (or any of them really but I mainly use green). Any TOBS or D.R. Harris. There are good, cheap, options on the Indian market.

I enjoyed a sample of T&H West Indian Limes, it produced a great shave. How does that scent compare to CF Lime? To me, the T&H smelled exactly like a lime Popsicle stick, slightly artificial with a little wood thrown in. Not unpleasant, just didn't bring freshly sliced limes to mind....

Proraso Green (or any of them really but I mainly use green).

I have a tub of Proraso green soap (old formula) - great stuff. It is my understanding that CO Bigelow is just re-branded Proraso. I've never tried a tube of the Proraso cream, but have gone through many tubes of the Bigelow - it's good stuff.

T&H 1805
T&H "unscented", which still smelled of Lavender to me
AoS Sandalwood
AoS Ocean Kelp
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

TOBS st james. Best Croap is Maggard's lime and bergemot.

I love this stuff.
What about the St James do you guys like so much? Do you find the lather to be superior to any other TOBS creams? I ask only because I've got a tub sitting here, unused, mostly because I'm not crazy about the scent. I want to try it, and every shave I say "today is the day" and then I use something else instead.

Convince me!

There are as many great creams as there are soaps but a few at the top of my list as "best of the best" and a place to start would be;
Castle Forbes Lavender
GTF Violet
T&H Trafalgar
Institut Karite Moisturizing
Proraso Green (menthol)

Castle Forbes Lime(or Lavender), XPEC(Unscented) ,Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere. And one I just acquired a couple months ago from a store here in Pasadena. Its called Antica Barbieria Colla(its an Italian cream scented with Almond). Its expensive but a superb cream,IMO.

Craig

There are as many great creams as there are soaps but a few at the top of my list as "best of the best" and a place to start would be;
Castle Forbes Lavender
GTF Violet
T&H Trafalgar
Institut Karite Moisturizing
Proraso Green (menthol)

Hello DanOK-

I'm very curious,does that GFT Violet stain your brushes badly?

Craig

Cyril Salter.

Seems to get neglected…but it is the finest of the British creams I've tried. I particularly like the Rose and the Mint.

I LOVE Antica Barbieria Colla…but that is more of a croap than a cream.

Last edited:
My favorite Tube creams:

Anything from Russia or Bulgaria (They make top notch creams!), especially Tet-A-Tet, Viking, Ctapt, and Everest.
Nivea from Germany
C.O. Bigelo

Top Bottom