What's new

I guess they wonder why I smile, shake my head and walk away.

When I happen to be in a store and pass by the men's shaving section, I'll often look at the price a multi-pack of the latest disposable cartridges think "Man for the price of a couple of those I can get a brush, some shave soap, some aftershave and a nice sampler pack of DE blades". :001_rolle

When I happen to be in a store and pass by the men's shaving section, I'll often look at the price a multi-pack of the latest disposable cartridges think "Man for the price of a couple of those I can get a brush, some shave soap, some aftershave and a nice sampler pack of DE blades". :001_rolle
When I look at the price of the drugstore brand cartridges (10 for 2 euros), the prices for drugstore brand soaps (less than 2 euros), and for drugstore brushes (4 euros for an Omega 10019), I think "Man those B&B guys are crazy". :001_rolle

But there is hope for humanity, The Microtouch 1 and VDH Razors have been sighted at walmarts and other places, we are not an endangered species anymore there is hope as long as the people who buy them come here or another site to learn what they need to know.

I probably would have started shaving with a DE or injector much earlier had I actually been able to buy a razor in the average drugstore. I can easily afford any shaving gear I want now, but back when I was a struggling college student, the cost of shaving was a big deal and an affordable, effective option would have been most welcome.

I probably would have started shaving with a DE or injector much earlier had I actually been able to buy a razor in the average drugstore.
proxy.php

Those would have been great, but they weren't available in the US, at least not where I grew up. When I started shaving, it was all Trac II, Atra, and Bic disposables. I don't remember what was available from Schick at the time.

Those would have been great, but they weren't available in the US, at least not where I grew up. When I started shaving, it was all Trac II, Atra, and Bic disposables. I don't remember what was available from Schick at the time.

You can still buy them here.

I'm jealous. Until I spotted the new Van der Hagen razor in Target today, I don't think I ever saw a double edge razor in a non-specialty shop for as long as I can remember.

Don't be ... they are cheap plastic razors. A few euros more gets you a much better razor. Not in a drugstore though.

+2, I do the same thing every time!

Why do you care what others pay for their shaving goods? I haven't watched cartridge prices in years.

You don't need to convince yourself that you made the right choice in switching to a DE, do you?

Top Bottom