What's new

Finally got me a shotgun

A friend's older Mossberg 500, specifically. It's got a 30" full choke barrel, but I'll probably end up swapping it out for a shorter cylinder bore, as I'm not much of a hunter (and while skeet shooting would be fun, it's not something I would do often). Glad to have it now, though, and just thought I'd share on here!

Yeah, as ubiquitous as both are, I'm quite stoked about all the barrel, stock, and forend options there are out there... I can really make the gun how I'd like it to be... and all without anything too crazy of a financial investment.

Have fun with it. It's a solid choice.

I don't think you'll enjoy shooting skeet with it too much though. I know a few guys that can shoot pumps as fast as an OU or semi, but not too many.

Nice. A Mossberg 500 was my first and only shotgun(Ive still got it). Great gun for the money and works well for me because Im a lefty.

I picked up an older Mossberg 500 last fall and haven't gotten around to shooting it, yet. There are enough different barrels and chokes available to do about anything I want with it, but haven't figured out what that is, yet. Actually there are some public hunting areas for both upland game birds and waterfowl where I'm at, but need to hit the trap range first to get up to speed first. I haven't fired a shotgun since I went goose hunting many years ago.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Brian:
Outstanding and solid choice...Mossberg 'is the name' when it come to shotguns. I've used the Army M500 combat shotgun for many, many years and I can tell you...it is an excellent and well-proven weapon. :thumbsup:

Although I don't have the 500, I do have my 'good ole trusty' 12 gauge Mossberg 590, 6 round (5 + one in the chamber), w/ sling (I have the older model and is similar to the Army issue M500 combat model), Shotgun.
proxy.php

$Shotgun.jpg
proxy.php
"Nothing like the sound of a shotgun shell being chambered". CBJ

Last edited:
The 500 was my first shotgun and still have it. I ended up selling the 18.5" cyl barrel and bought barrels 20" and 24" threaded for chokes.

Can't go wrong with a 500. One of the best values in a firearm ever, in my opinion.
+1 I have a 500 with a 28" vented rib and a home defense barrel. Very versatile setup. Not as sexy as a European over-and-under but it puts the lead down range very well!

I like the mossbergs because they have a better safety position for a leftie. I have a 590 with the extended mag tube, speedfeed stock, and a shell carrier, I think it holds 17 or 19 rounds! Weighs about 10 pounds like that as well :p

I also have one of their 9200 semi-automatic "jungle guns" but it doesn't feed well, unfortunately. I need to get it serviced but there are very few who claim to know anything about that model, which is too bad, as it points well and is very compact.

Top Bottom