What's new

Treet SE razor?

Hi! I purchased a SE razor. Made in USA, labeled Treet. Short, fat, black bakelite handle. Takes standard SE blades. Will post pics as soon as I can.
Any info on this razor is appreciated.

It's a copy of the Gem Junior Parade. I guess Treet (as part of Personna? who bought out the American Safety Razor Corporation) had it released under their name as a run out model, or something? I'd love to know. I have one of my "list" to acquire.

It's not really a copy so much as a variation. Since it has a guard bar instead of the closed comb of the other 1912s. It also lacks the 1912 patent so either it was made after the patent ran out (1932) or it wasn't considered close enough to the 1912s to warrant having the 1912 date stamped on the bottom.

I did not particularly like the one I had because the plastic handle was too light to give the no-pressure effortless shave of brass handled 1912s.

Some pics.

$100_1856.JPG

$100_1857.JPG

$100_1858.JPG

After polishing.

$100_1867.JPG

$100_1869.JPG

Looks great all polished up! I have the same razor, only my handle is burgundy. I love mine! Enjoy the shaves.

You know what? I never noticed the closed guard. I've bought one today, so with the wind in the right direction and some speedy delivery from the US, I might well enjoy a Treet shave before the end of August.

Coincidentally I grabbed my Treet to add to my rotation last week. I haven't given it a spin in a while and it will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 1912. Nice job on the restoration Mike, looks great!

Top Bottom