What's new

A new BBQ Pit for my truck

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Picked up a new pit for my truck's trailer hitch. I had it made: 1/2" steel. 16" diameter. 2' long.
For trips surf fishing, for the park, and just when we r at the ranch and don't feel like driving all the way to camp. It fits onto the receiver. I also had a stand built for it so I can store it in the garage. Gonna fire it up this week.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 82
  • $image (1).jpg
    $image (1).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 83
  • $image (2).jpg
    $image (2).jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

martym

Negative!
Will post one hopefully tomorrow.
Sister-in-law just had a baby so got a house full of kids and family.
hopefully all will calm down and I can get one tomorrow. If not by Monday

martym

House full of family and kids?? Then you know what time it is don't you? Fajitas!!! YeeHaw!!!

Yessir, but gotta break out the big pit not the puny one.
This is an old pick but it is the pit I am firing up!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 103

martym

Bumped!

I attached the pit to the hitch and took a couple of photos.
Better idea of how it looks.
Hope you all enjoy it!
Photos are with the original post

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ok, now I see them. I assume you don't drive around with it hooked up. Lol. This is a great idea, but knowing my wife she would probably drive off while I'm trying to grill some ribeyes.

martym

Ok, now I see them. I assume you don't drive around with it hooked up. Lol. This is a great idea, but knowing my wife she would probably drive off while I'm trying to grill some ribeyes.

of course I do. It is locked on and in. It ain't going anywhere.

Picked up a new pit....
Only 1/2" ? Isn't it too... delicate? :lol:
How long would this puppy take to heat up? Better question yet, how long would it take to cool off, before you can touch that thing?
How far from the tailgate (side view pic)? I would be worried that it would wreck the paint.

martym

Only 1/2" ? Isn't it too... delicate? :lol:
How long would this puppy take to heat up? Better question yet, how long would it take to cool off, before you can touch that thing?
How far from the tailgate (side view pic)? I would be worried that it would wreck the paint.

The tailgate is lowered when the pit is on. A "built in" work surface. And the bed has a Rhino liner.
When I get a chance I will take a side pic.

I have a 24" diameter, 36" long, and 1/2" thick pit at the ranch for smoking hogs and turkey and once it heats up its good for the whole night.
Mine here at the house is only 1/4" so I can move it around.

Top Bottom