What's new

Something new from Above the Tie.

An unauthorized camera got loose in our R&D area but instead of deleting the photos I decided to share a little of what is going on with our newest next thing. I know, it's a shameless tease.

Attachments

• $DSCN3959.jpg
    $DSCN3959.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4,235
  • $DSCN3960.jpg
    $DSCN3960.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4,205
Stan,

Really, really nice, I knew you were working on this because I was involved in the initial threads that got it started.
It's awesome when we ask for something and a vendor actually listens to us and delivers. Thank you for that!
I think this will be an excellent product for you and for all of us as well.

I have to have this so I guess I'm getting another razor.

Thank you,
David

This may be the thing that finally pushes me over to an ATT razor. I'll be watching very intently, and saving even more intently.

Obviously we haven't seen the cap yet, but based on the base plate alone, this looks like it might be a very low profile slant razor.

To me, that's a REALLY good thing. I'm really interested to see how this turns out. I remember in the threads a while back where Stan was asking for input on slant design, many of us said that we dislike how large and rounded many of the current slant heads are (makes it very hard to get to tight areas, and also makes it hard to "feel" the blade angle when the head is so largely rounded). Great to see that (at least on first impressions from this sketch), it looks like Stan decided to take this input into account!

Stan,

We are all in favor of shameless teases like this one. Is there a time frame for release?? I won't hold you to it - just let me ask you this: Should I start sending Santa letters now? Or is it too early to say?

Stan,

We are all in favor of shameless teases like this one. Is there a time frame for release?? I won't hold you to it - just let me ask you this: Should I start sending Santa letters now? Or is it too early to say?

You're already sending letters to Santa in July!?!?!!?! :lol:

This looks like the slant may only be mildly pronounced based on the angles. While my Merkur was easier to use it stood no chance against my ikon in terms of efficiency. I have my fingers crossed that this won't be the case.

I would love something with better ergonomics and easier to load I won't sacrifice efficiency.

Top Bottom