What's new

Something new from Above the Tie.

This looks like the slant may only be mildly pronounced based on the angles. While my Merkur was easier to use it stood no chance against my ikon in terms of efficiency. I have my fingers crossed that this won't be the case.

I do definitely see your point, and actually had similar thoughts myself. I don't know that we have quite enough info to know just from that pic, but yes, let's hope it's a very efficient razor!! :thumbup:

Very cool!! Can't wait to see how this looks and more importantly, how it shaves. ATT is top-notch gear. These razors will last several lifetimes.

I do definitely see your point, and actually had similar thoughts myself. I don't know that we have quite enough info to know just from that pic, but yes, let's hope it's a very efficient razor!! :thumbup:

If you look at all of ATT's other razors they are aggressive and very efficient without having that wide gap that other razors have. I wouldn't consider comparing the blade gap to determine aggressiveness as it's not going to be relevant with this one. If it's not absolutely excellent Stan won't release it until it is.

If you look at all of ATT's other razors they are aggressive and very efficient without having that wide gap that other razors have. I wouldn't consider comparing the blade gap to determine aggressiveness as it's not going to be relevant with this one. If it's not absolutely excellent Stan won't release it until it is.

Oh yea, don't get me wrong! I am hoping (and fully expect) that this razor will be 100% top notch. It would be nuts to expect anything else from ATT. Just was saying that based on the sketch alone (which of course is limited), the slant on this razor doesn't look that steep, compared to other slants out there.

We don't have enough info to determine the blade gap. I do agree and expect that Stan will personally hold this to the highest standard. I do want to voice that this will be competing for the top spots in a lot of people's rotations. He also announced this at a time when people are expecting the Razorock Slant, a completely new Ikon, and improvements on the original Ikon slant regarding loading.

Pretty ballsy time for his post, although he has the track record to back it up.

I think it would be really neat if they would make one side more aggressive then the other like an old Lutz slant. You could mow through it on the first pass whith the aggressive side and then do the clean up with the milder side

This is the year of the Slant. First Razorock, then ATT, and the DLC Slant and Shavecraft 102 slant from Ikon. 2014 has been a good year!

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm surprised this is not causing more people to freak out a little

I think it will generate more buzz when it gets closer to release. like MercerGent said the Razorock stealth and iKon DLC Were released fairly recently so I think they have most of the buzz at the moment. When a release date is announced I am sure this will generate a ton of attention!!!

I agree, it will generate a lot of attention when it comes out. It will after all be the world's first (I think at least) unplated/uncoated machined stainless steel slant razor. I know I'll be paying attention when it comes out :001_smile

Top Bottom