What's new

Do you use both hands?

What do your hands do?

• Dominant hand for whole shave

• Right Hand for Right Side, Left Hand for Left Side

• Right Hand for Left Side, Left Hand for Right Side

• Other (Explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
When DE shaving do you use both hands? I find myself using my right hand (dominant hand) for the whole shave but don't get as nice of a shave on my left cheek. Just wondering what you do?

I hold the razor in my right hand only, but unlike you, I get slightly better results on my left side, or should I say slightly worse results on the right side? I am happy anyway, and it works for me.
I use my left hand to stretch the skin.

I hold the razor in my right hand only, but unlike you, I get slightly better results on my left side, or should I say slightly worse results on the right side? I am happy anyway, and it works for me.
I use my left hand to stretch the skin.
+1

I use my right hand, my dominant hand. I used to get a worse shave on the left side of my face, but over time I got better at it, learned the grain really well and refined my technique. Learn your grain, that's probably the best thing you can do.

Head shaver. Usually R for R and L for L. The exception is the back and top of my head going ear to center, I do the opposite.

Dominant right hand. Sometimes I think, for all the contortions and odd streatching angles I find myself trying to achieve while shaving, I should have studied Yoga.

I do my left side 50/50 (not on the same shave). Not sure how i decide, it is instinctive. I rotate razors and maybe it has to do with the weight of the razor. But when i use my right hand to do the left side, i don't get as close.

Hold my razor like a baseball bat! Seriously though, I only use my right hand. I'm so "right handed" my left hand is close to useless, it just gets in the way.

I'm just a little strange. I throw and bat and most everything right handed, left is useless. But I write and eat left handed. Been DE shaving about 3 months, wet shaving about 35 years. Realized the other day that I was shaving left handed and tried the right hand, absolutely useless. It's crazy.

Right only. If I ever decide to try left, I'll surely call EMS beforehand and make sure they're en route before the first pass. Seriously, my right could perform neurosurgery, but my left can hardly operate a doorknob.

Top Bottom