What's new

Adding buyers guide columns to Aggressiveness Chart?

This is a great idea and fantastic list - I also wish this list existed earlier...

I also argue, that the current production of Weber PH should be ranked more aggressive. I will get an ATT R1 soon and take it from there. However the current? Weber has a blade gap of .82 mm as reported by me and another member independently - while the DLC and older PH??? have a gap of 0.61:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Blade_Gap

Mine definitely does not have any issues with the blade being wavy etc. and is a great shaver - but definitely not mild. Smoother (better feel on the skin, no irritation) yet far more effective (closer, longer lasting) shave than the 37C IMO.

I think there should be some effort to try and identify which head geometry of the Weber people are using. I have read many times, that the Weber PH head is the same as the Weber DLC. For those who have this version of the Weber, this sounds like a mild razor. The Weber I have (bought at the beginning of June 2014) is definitely not the same as the DLC head - as the difference in blade gap shows.

I know the blade gap alone is not an indication of the aggressiveness - it just shows, that there are different Weber PH head geometries out there...

This is a great idea and fantastic list - I also wish this list existed earlier...

I also argue, that the current production of Weber PH should be ranked more aggressive. I will get an ATT R1 soon and take it from there. However the current? Weber has a blade gap of .82 mm as reported by me and another member independently - while the DLC and older PH??? have a gap of 0.61:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Blade_Gap

Mine definitely does not have any issues with the blade being wavy etc. and is a great shaver - but definitely not mild. Smoother (better feel on the skin, no irritation) yet far more effective (closer, longer lasting) shave than the 37C IMO.

I think there should be some effort to try and identify which head geometry of the Weber people are using. I have read many times, that the Weber PH head is the same as the Weber DLC. For those who have this version of the Weber, this sounds like a mild razor. The Weber I have (bought at the beginning of June 2014) is definitely not the same as the DLC head - as the difference in blade gap shows.

I know the blade gap alone is not an indication of the aggressiveness - it just shows, that there are different Weber PH head geometries out there...

I'm glad you like the list! Thanks to all of the B&B members who have been voting, it is shaping up to have real value!

I have heard from several members now who (like you) have found the Weber more aggressive than the Merkur slant. If we could validate that the more recently produced Weber PH razors have a larger blade gap with a larger sample size of measured razors, then I would be happy to separate them on the Aggressiveness List. The Weber company could of course also validate this for us, but I believe I remember reading that Weber has recently stated that the build specs and razors have not changed?

Perhaps someone should recontact Weber and point out that members are reporting changes in the blade gaps? Would you care to start a separate thread on this and see what you can find out? If the Weber razors have changed, it would be of service to the community to find out, as Weber is one of the most frequently recommended razors on B&B and other forums....

Cheers!
Shawn

Top Bottom