What's new

DC Supershow

$IMG_20140728_000049.jpg

I think im ready... other then not having my justus to have tuned to a needle point in time

Last edited:
Perhaps bring it with you for a tuning?
Thats the problem, I didnt think I would have it in time,... but I got the shipping notice from Japan this morning, being sent EMS, I may now get it by friday so it indeed may make it to the show. Problem is I may not have time to do a review on it so that may have to wait till I get home lol

Anyone apart from me thinking of doing the Deborah Basel Italics "Workshop" on Friday afternoon at the DC pen show?

Or, I suppose, her Copperplate workshop the morning of that day.

Actually, based on her description on the Pen Show web site, I am kind of torn between the two classes. The Copperplate class sounds kind of like a learn to use a flex nib class, which seems very cool and "toward" Spencerian, which is what I would really like to be taking. Whereas italics is really closer to what I have been trying to learn as my every day hand with K Gladstone. No way am I doing 8 hours of workshop though!

Anyone have any thoughts on Ms. Basel? I have not done any research yet.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Anyone apart from me thinking of doing the Deborah Basel Italics "Workshop" on Friday afternoon at the DC pen show?

Or, I suppose, her Copperplate workshop the morning of that day.

Actually, based on her description on the Pen Show web site, I am kind of torn between the two classes. The Copperplate class sounds kind of like a learn to use a flex nib class, which seems very cool and "toward" Spencerian, which is what I would really like to be taking. Whereas italics is really closer to what I have been trying to learn as my every day hand with K Gladstone. No way am I doing 8 hours of workshop though!

Anyone have any thoughts on Ms. Basel? I have not done any research yet.

Do you have a listing of classes that would be offered?

Do you have a listing of classes that would be offered?

For Basel, scroll down about 1/2 way on the home page for the Supershow at http://www.pencentral.com/

Apparently you sign up directly through her. I sent her an email this afternoon asking about availability, but have not heard back.

Look around the website and see if there is anything else. I think there is a kid's program in the afternoon on Saturday. But there may well be other things, like pen repair, somewhere on there, too.

I am beginning to freak out a bit. Ive never been to a pen show before. I ordered a 10 pen case from the Goulets, and hope it gets here in time. Im going to bring perhaps 4 pens that may need some tuning of various states. Looking forward to this, and the site seeing

Getting four pens tuned on the spot at the show may be a little ambitious. It's a nice show but it's not that big or crazy.

i have two or three i may want tuned as well... i am hoping for the best... i have them lined up in priority fix my FA from the nib hit amd needlepoint it as well... them if i can and have it in time needlepoint my justus.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Getting four pens tuned on the spot at the show may be a little ambitious. It's a nice show but it's not that big or crazy.

Im going to be there for the duration of the show, so i don't have to have all four tuned at once.

Two that I am bringing, I hope that Brian and I, as well as anyone else can work on them ourselves. I have two others that need some nib work.

Im going to be there for the duration of the show, so i don't have to have all four tuned at once.

Two that I am bringing, I hope that Brian and I, as well as anyone else can work on them ourselves. I have two others that need some nib work.
I guess I need to bring some tools ??

What are the plans for a meet-up at the show? I'll be driving in from PA on Saturday and should be there at the opening. I won't be sticking around Saturday evening, so a lunch get-together would be good for me.

Top Bottom