What's new

New member from sunny Preston

After occasionally coming across this forum over the years I decided to join...

Wet shaving for oooOo well over 25 years, never had a leccy shaver. Started with a de for a few months then got a straight razor that I used for over ten years before it cracked after being knocked off the windowsill. I bought a shavette from my barber (this was before eBay) and liked the ease of ownership so never bothered replacing the straight razor.

I face lather... Currently using a Wilkinson sword brush, tobs sandalwood soap (which tbh I am disappointed with). I usually use palmolive stick or erasmic as they are 50p and last yonks. Tobs was £20 and the scent reminds me of those little double hard soap bars you find in hotels (I lived in hotels for a couple years with work).

No real blade preference in the shavette, currently using supermax ones that were on offer.

Looking at honing again so I need to either find my stones or get new ones.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

I work in Warrington. It ain't sunny :p

Haha on occasions it is!

Have you found anywhere that sells wet shaving stuff in the northwest? Or do you just buy online? Just curious as you have been wet shaving a lot longer than myself and Im always keeping my eyes peeled but never find much in stores.
I found a couple small shops in Manchester but thats all.

Yeah it's not bad :) I tend to buy online nowadays. Asda sell brushes and palm olive sticks, home bargains sell erasmic etc that's pretty much all I get locally.

Top Bottom