What's new

Greater Pacific Norhtwest meet-up *Saturday, Sept 13th @11am Seattle, WA*

Friends and fellow wet shavers; it’s time for a get together of the Greater Pacific Northwest wet shave enthusiasts. We are trying to get together fellow wet shavers from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Northern California, and Western Canada. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to attend.

Join us Saturday, Sep 13th, at 11AM at FADOs Irish Pub. Fados’ features a full menu and a great beer selection.

Address is: 801 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98104

Join your friends for a fun filled, educational afternoon of all things related to razors and shaving.
Some of the topics covered will be honing, stropping, maintenance of your equipment, and restoration tips and tricks.

Bring your razors, your brushes, your loom or whatever it is. If its shave related we want to see it. Show it off or get a second opinion. Make us jealous.

Bringing friends who are interested in encouraged. You do not need to be a forum member to attend.

Selling and trading allowed.
Hoping to see you there.
Need directions? Have a question? Shoot me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.

I know I have not been overly active on this forum, but there is only so much time in the day :) I wanted to spread the word as far and wide as possible!

I have been asked what the parking situation is like in downtown Seattle. The meet will be the day after the Mariners game, so no issues there.
FADOs itself has a shared common lot behind the pub and on street parking. http://www.fadoirishpub.com/seattle/directions/

There is also a parking garage across the intersection that charges $6 for 10 hours on weekends.
http://seattleparking.spplus.com/Seattle-721-1st-Avenue-Parking.html

There is no rush to decide if can make it or not, I'm in the process of trying to get some goodies together for drawings, raffles, door prizes or whatever term you want to use. So don't make up your mind until you see the goody list:)

Excellent!

Do you like my signature? Or how about my avatar/profile picture thing? No matter where I go I where my colors loud baby. Go Hawks! Right *Terence*?

Anyways I look forward to meeting some people with this awesome hobby. BRING YOUR RAZORS GENTLEMEN!!! :)

Quick update: Have a donation of 8 razors for honing practice and as giveaways. Three vendors have also committed to donating some door prizes and goody bag gifts. Looking good so far :)

I won't be able to make it (prior commitment), but I love the idea. I still think Fado's old name was cooler (Tir Na Nog?). Have some shepherd's pie for me!

Woohoo, a meet up in my general area. I've penciled the date in, and hopefully I'll be able to free the day up for a little day trip down.

Less than a month till the meet up. Here is a quick update.

13 confirmed, 6 maybes, and a few possible guest. I expect to get a few more confirmations in the coming weeks as well.
Currently have 6 vendors donating items to give away and 8 razors donated by various members to practice honing. There are a few more things in the works as well.

Hope to see you all soon.

Put me down in the maybe category as well! I'm gonna try and rearrange some things so that this will be a definite yes rather than a definite maybe.

Hmmmm . . . I keep going back and forth on this, so I may as well ask. I have my daughter for that weekend (7 yr old) and don't have a babysitter in the Seattle metro area or someone who could watch her for an hour or two. Is this something where I can bring her with me with an appropriate distraction or two (DVD movie or similar), or is this something where not having children around is preferred?

Well, I know that Fados can accommodate younger ones. Personally I wouldn't have an issue. Most of the wet shavers I meet at least try to be gentleman. I would only caution you on two items. 1) The later it gets, the more beverages get consumed..... and language tends to get a little more "colorful". 2) Take care of your munchkin first and foremost. I like kids and have 3 yr old twin boys. There is not much that can rattle me any more, but not everyone else has had the same experiences as me the last three years.

Bring her along, I don't think it will be an issue.

Its looking like I will have to work, which is a real bummer because I have been spreading the word about this thing and I really wanted to come.

When do you get off of work? I can shoot you a PM with my phone # if you want to call and see how many people are still around.

Top Bottom