What's new

First Straight Shave Today!

Well, I popped the cherry today and attempted my first shave with a straight. I've been a DE shaver for a few years and always wanted to try a straight. Completed a WTG pass with no damage but decided not to push my luck and completed the final two passes with the DE. I look forward to the day when I complete everything with straight including my head, but going to take things slow. I used a new Dovo Carre for this first attempt and just purchased a DD Goldedge that is in good shape but needs a blade restoration. I'm nervous to try and remove the pins on such a beautiful set of scales but I would like to get the blade mirror finished and as sharpe as the Dovo, any suggestions on someone to send it to? Thanks for all of hue great information, advice and encouragement as I begin this journey.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 99
Stinger: Welcome to this side of wetshaving, I'm sure you will enjoy the ride. There are many great artisans that would do a great job on your razor. I will PM you with more info
FrankC

Stinger: Welcome to this side of wetshaving, I'm sure you will enjoy the ride. There are many great artisans that would do a great job on your razor. I will PM you with more info
FrankC

Top Bottom