What's new

Stainless Steel Handles

Howdy Folks,

I just got into stainless steel 3 piece razors and was looking for some different handles to try out. So besides the usual suspects like ATT, ikon, webber and UFO - who else is manufacturing SS handles at the moment? I'm kinda looking for something about bulldog length but maybe not so heavy. A more narrow diameter on the barrel perhaps?

Thanks,

Okla

Last edited:
Well, the UFO are absolutely, positively the best option out there in my opinion. Of course BRW are amazing too, but those are harder to find than the UFOs even!
Shaving.ie has a nice new handle out, but that's not bulldog...

You really do have the best options listed. There is a guy but I'm totally blanking on his name right now, it's like ASKL or something like that. And he makes some pretty interesting handles. Someone else maybe can chime in with his actual name?

Bill is right, the UFO is the cream of the crop, and they do come up occasionally. Outside of that, the ATT Kronos is the next nicest. It has a bit of a powder coat or something, because it matches my iKon heads perfectly. I am a die hard Weber fan, but the Kronos has really grown on me. Of course, you can't go wrong with the Weber Classic for $38. I own 3 of them and I do love them. They look more classy than their price would indicate, IMO. ATT and Weber are your two realistic options at this time.

Last edited:
You pretty much named them all. I agree with Jeff that the ATT and the Weber are probably your best options. Let us know what you decide.

Tradere, too,if any are in stock. But I think "bulldog length, lighter" is a tough one. Probably ATT Atlas is the only stainless one, as suggested. (Double check weights).

Last edited:
Att

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408656100.996537.jpg

Considering that you can't actually buy a UFO anymore, they will not tell you even IF they will produce again, I would say they are non- existent for people like me that really want one.

I would be very grateful if Juan or Raphael would just give their customers a polite nibble of information. Juan hasn't even made one reply to any post I have made here about it over the past year. I know he has read them because I have posted in threads that he does about the handles. Always hearsay guesses from a member that already has their handle(s).

No need to be so cryptic about the production schedule. If it is going to be another 2, 5, or 10 years before you start producing again, let us know.

Sorry, but I believe it would be polite to let your customers (and future customers) know SOMETHING.

I am thoroughly LOVING my Above The Tie & Weber Bulldog handles, so in reality, I don't NEED a UFO. :)

Last edited:
Some US guy makes titanium handles, mentioned somewhere in B&B...
I think that is Will Quiles. The Search function will turn up his pic-heavy report on turning titanium. He turned a handle for the St. Sue Auction last year in something other than titanium (can't remember right now), and it was beautiful. Prices he quoted me were in tha same ballpark as Andy at AKASL and Raphael (after shipping). Will Quiles - look him up.

PS - Justin Griest (mentioned in post # 8) is not turning handles at this time, but his stainless steel beauty is available on the aftermarket from time to time.

Assuming he can lift the thing without getting a hernia... :lol:

+1 on the Maggard handle. It's heavy alright, but perfectly proportioned, IMO. I like it even better than the Kronos handle on my ATT H2 OC.

PS: I've been using the Kronos handle with a nickel-plated Old Type head that I got from the late-and-sorely-missed CooncatBob (Bob's Razor Works). Beautiful combo. The Maggard handle was just a little too heavy for the Old Type head.

Last edited:
I have the Maggard (MR8) Stainless handle, too. So far, it has provided a great shave, on any razor head. I got a fabulous BBS last night with the MR8 handle attached to my Old Type, using a Voskhod blade. I am on the hunt for a 2013 R41 head to try out on this handle, as well. After a initial few seconds to get used to the weight/heft, one literally just allows the handle to effortlessly pull the razor blade.

Attachments

• $SOTD1.jpg
    $SOTD1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 212
Top Bottom