What's new

To Close or Not to Close

Is it best to leave the lid open on a freshly used soap for a little while for the water to dry up or is it fine to close it right after you use it? I'm the kind of guy who rinses my soap under the tap after I'm done using it so it is extra wet when I'm done with it. I remember reading a recommendations from an artisan soap maker but I can't remember what they said is best to do.

I rinse the tub upside down to get all of the soap off of outside. The most I do to the soap itself is run my finger around the inside edge of the bowl so the suds don't squeeze out with I put the lid back on. It stays uncovered until I do my clean up, then lid it and store it. No need to let it air dry more then that IMO

I do like Andy in that I rinse the tub upside down. But, I recently started to let the soap dry before closing the lid. Don't know if it helps or if it is superfluous.

Either will do. I close the soaps that have lids, like Proraso, and leave others open in their Old Spice mugs.

I leave my soaps open to dry for about 8 hours or so before putting the lid on.

If you only use 1 soap, or use it fairly regularly, it shouldn't be an issue. If you have a large rotation and put a soap away in the dark, wet, in an airtight container, you may have issues.

Now I know someone is going to come along and say: "I put my soaps away wet for weeks without any issues." And thats great. Nobody is saying you will have a problem if you do this. But it could cause a problem, particularly with the softer soaps.

Top Bottom