What's new

Learning the value of menthol

When I began this shaving journey I put off menthol thinking I wouldn't like it. My shaving den grew and a few menthol products found their way in but not many. Now we have reached the warm weather and we are seeing full weeks in the UK of record breaking sweat festering days I have learnt the value of menthol.

What menthol products do you love or think I should try? So far my favourites are Prosaso pre shave and soap in green and Stirling orange chill. :wink:

I know I will sounds like a broken record to some, but synergy frost byte is fantastic, especially when paired with they're collaborative razorock lime pre shave soap. Also stirling margaritas in the arctic is a great one. I have a couple of the glacial series, but have yet to get into them.

Last edited:
proraso green and stirling MITA for the mild side.

QCS Vostok, Iced Key Lime, any stirling glacial and HTGAM frost byte for the wild side.

I'm working through a tub of Vostok this summer and I'm loving it. Fresh peppermint scent. Blast of cold on the second pass. Great way to kick off a muggy summer day.

I recommend going all in with Osage, Myrsol k, Krampert's or QCS aftershaves (there are others as well, those are just what I'm currently using.)

I've even been using Vostok and Fostbyte bath bars.

Here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, summer is long and hot and VERY humid. Back in May, I started on a new bar of Valobra Menthol and will probably use it through October and into November. I love Valobra Menthol and also have developed a love for Palmolive Menthol Cream, as it really works well for me.

The Stirling Aloe and Witch Hazel mentholated splashes are nice. Margaritas in the Arctic is something you don't run across every day.

I'll definitely second nemo. When I posted about Valobra Menthol I neglected to mention that following it up with Proraso Green Splash is simply exquisite! Very nice, cooling sensation.

I'm not a fan of strong menthol, but I do love the milder products like I Coloniali Mango Oil soap and Alt Innsbruck AS. Both truly spectacular scents

Top Bottom